Cosmic engine for HSC (1 Viewer)

kazemagic

HSC
Hey guys,
Do I need to know cosmic engine module to understand HSC physics?

Sorry if the question sounded dumb, it's cos im self studying physics and want to start the HSC course ASAP.

cheepy5

HSC
From memory it will help a bit if you do the astrophysics option in the HSC otherwise i think the only useful thing is blackbody radiation which you will need some understanding of for Ideas to Implementation

cheepy5

HSC
oh, kelper's laws and newtons law of gravitation are covered in cosmic engine i think, these will be useful for the HSC Space module but you go over it again anyway in the HSC.

kazemagic

HSC
oh, kelper's laws and newtons law of gravitation are covered in cosmic engine i think, these will be useful for the HSC Space module but you go over it again anyway in the HSC.
oh alright so i can just skip it, since its going to be relearnt in the HSC :D
thanks!

Dan895

HSC
Uni Grad
I would just say if you're that keen on learing HSC work, get the HSC and the Prelim textbook, do the HSC work and if you can't get the concept then go back to prelim book.

nifkeh

HSC
the astrophysics option comes from the prelim topic on cosmic engine (which is studied by default) so yeah. If you are going to venture into astrophysics there is some theory lol

you would need to know some parts of cosmic engine to do the HSC space topic (not astrophysics). So far the Kepler's law is covered in prelim, but in HSC it is covered in more detail and stuff. I don't think I remember stuff on newton's law of gravitation being covered in prelim. But the HSC space topic is a little bit different than prelim's cosmic engine so it shouldn't affect you too much. But if you were to do astrophysics (which is covered really late.. as in term 3 year 12 so I doubt it would be of much use until then) you should study and master cosmic engine in prelim first.

kazemagic

HSC
I would just say if you're that keen on learing HSC work, get the HSC and the Prelim textbook, do the HSC work and if you can't get the concept then go back to prelim book.
yea thx, but i think it would save me a lot more time just to get over prelim work first
the astrophysics option comes from the prelim topic on cosmic engine (which is studied by default) so yeah. If you are going to venture into astrophysics there is some theory lol

you would need to know some parts of cosmic engine to do the HSC space topic (not astrophysics). So far the Kepler's law is covered in prelim, but in HSC it is covered in more detail and stuff. I don't think I remember stuff on newton's law of gravitation being covered in prelim. But the HSC space topic is a little bit different than prelim's cosmic engine so it shouldn't affect you too much. But if you were to do astrophysics (which is covered really late.. as in term 3 year 12 so I doubt it would be of much use until then) you should study and master cosmic engine in prelim first.
yea thanks ill be skipping it :D
whats the meaning of 'cosmic engine'?
notsureifsrs
but it's just a set of topics in prelim physics

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I'd skip it tbh, I barely did anything for it in prelim. Anything needed from it in HSC is re-learnt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)