costs (1 Viewer)

hallelujah.

HSC
So I'll be doing arts/law at macquarie next year (provided the uai doesnt go up more than three points lol) and i was just wondering how much you spent when you first started uni. Like average cost of textbooks for arts/law (or a rough estimate even) and any other costs you might have e.g. joining the student union, which i understand is compulsory again? Are there any other enrolment costs or anything that i should be prepared for?? Stuff that i can't pay by hecs i mean.
Sorry if theres already a post about this, i searched and all these irrelevent posts came up.

Thanks in advance :)

BoganBoy

HSC
not sure about arts but first year law text books are relatively cheap. mostly just supplementary reading materials (ie stacks of photocopied notes). will set u back <100/sem for law (for 1 unit only).

student societies not compulsory but most ppl join up with 2/3 because everything is like 'wow' to them at first. on average membership fee is 5-10 dollars . so around 30 dollars.

not sure about union cost.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
MQ doesnt charge to join the law society, that is something you should do as it allows you to participate in comps and the like. I am not sure how much the union fees will be as they weren't compulsary last year.

Textbooks can cost as little as $100 and up to $1000 per semester. Depends on the subjects you are taking and what texts are set. Arts is normally just a reader *a photocopy of different articles* which wouldn't be more than $30 each. You can sometimes get second hand texts.

If you drive a yearly parking permit is $190. Its cheaper than paying for a days parking.

hallelujah.

HSC
Thanks for the responses, i better get myself off to centrelink :p nah less than i thought though, thanks again.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Student union...huhwat?

Don't think we pay that...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)