costume design examples (1 Viewer)

alyceharrington

HSC
I have a few examples from the past years from my school and i myself have started 2 of my sketches which are due in 2 weeks for my assessment.

What are you up to?

cecilly

HSC
ive done my 6 set sketches which i handed in last week...i need to think of a way to develop all of my costumes now.... hey do u no where i could look at the past ones?...what script are u doing btw??

heysalovesyah

HSC
Hey im doing costume aswell but im really stuck on my text and what type of costumes i should use for my major "work". I have chosen "As You Like It, by William Shakespeare". I felt stupid lately for choosing such a hard text. How should I get on with it? I am the only person in my class that hasnt fully started. Yeah, i have though started some research but "as you like it" was never a famous shakespearean text so it is pretty hard to find productions done recently.
I chose this text because it seem like it was one of those texts that if done (correctly) markers would be eating off of your hand, would anyone agree with this statement/.?
COuld anyone tell me what i should do? heheh im really stuck.

BTW. i was told that all finished products (foru-six sketches) are meant to be done by hand. I however am really good with my use of Graphic design.? I got told i would lose marks if i did.? HElp

xx

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
has everyone started already would i be in shame to say all i have doen is little reaserche and no sketching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
..... ..... .....
i think i should start
yeah maybe l8r

cecilly

HSC
Skillo said:
I can tell you that professional costume renderings are done by hand, NOT graphically.
true...BUT you CAN do them "graphically", theres a program on the net you can use...one girl did it last year... dont ask me what it is tho....

alyceharrington

HSC
i have my IP interview next week, which is my exam, as well as a writen one this thursday and my group performance on wednesday. I am doing the play top girls and i have doing it naturalistic but having a touch of every(most) countrys influences on my costumes so their a bit different.. I have completed my directors concept and completed 4 of my draft sketches.. its alot easier then i thought it wuld have been.

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
alyceharrington goood work on u doing ur irp and are you really performing ur gp , what our school has done which has worked well in the past year girls got band 5s and sixes is that first two terms we concentrate on doing all the theroy we can the end term 1 beging of term to we start al the irps and g ps
what schoools do you all go to ...should i be worried!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alyceharrington

HSC
I go to MLC at burwood, and we mix it up, like do both theory and pract at the same time, which i prefer, it doesnt give me a chance to forget my work lol

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
alyceharrington ur just around the corner,, im a strathfiled girl [hmm]
i agree with ur teaching as i prefere to do alittle bit of both, now as we have finished our theroy we've alll somwhat become a little tired with our acting so we gottta improve.?????????
has everyone hard their theroy half yearlieesss
we just had ours and man its a killlerrrrr

fruitarian

HSC
Hey guys!

I'm doing costume design too. Argghhh...it's annoying cos its always there!!
I'm doing top girls. Is anyone else?

Our drafts arent due for another month or so but I'm only up to choosing my scenes...this is the first time drama's been done at pour school so I have no idea what to expect (and neither does my teacher haha).

=smashly=

HSC
im doing as you like it.
im probs halfway done.
just need to work on drawing guys some more bcuz they are a bitch to draw. lol

shimmy28

HSC
hey I am doing costume design for top girls too! Its got great potential dont you agree! how far along are you in terms of drafts etc.

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
hey since we have all fell asleep on this site how is everyone going !!! so far ive just gone fabric and techniques drawing hopefuullly ill be putting mine up on main bored in the next month or sooo

but ii must say i am freakin out like crazzzzy

lowek

HSC
yoho. I'm doing as you like it and I've done 2 sets of draft renderings >.> like I did circus [which is obviously not original from surfing through other posts] and the original elizabethan concept. btw, I think you should have started some by now lol it's getting a bit like running out of time stressball period. gahhh examiners will be here in 3 weeks! but ours have to be finished in a week and a bit for our schools drama night. ups for girls schools haha I go to riverside >.> hold the snide comments please q:

cecilly

HSC
lowek said:
ups for girls schools haha I go to riverside >.> hold the snide comments please q:
yay go girls schools...bridgo all the way- doesnt mean im a snob tho... our finished thing is due on the 24th august....hahaha crap!!!

Etak90

HSC
hey
ii am doing costumes design, our school only starts this term, im doing "Summer Rain'"
any suggestions

shansaywhaa

HSC
hi, i'm doing costume design for this year and im the only one in my class doing it so i didn't really have anyone to compare to but i found this site:

Sample HSC Papers : Drama - Individual Project
and you can click on the left bar and choose other bands
:/
its from 2002 i belive so i think the board expect much more, but if you scroll down the bottm they have notes on what each one needs to improve

it really helped me, i hope it does for you too!

NickyFM

HSC
Hi there Class of '09!
I got a 90 in drama last year and am confident that my costume designs were a very high contribution to this. And i know now this year looks bleak and lame, but giving it your best really does pay off!
I designed for the Ham Funeral and i hope that these help
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f285/lil-nixy/Picture4.png
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f285/lil-nixy/Picture12.png
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f285/lil-nixy/Picture13.png
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f285/lil-nixy/Picture15.png
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f285/lil-nixy/Picture16.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)