Could I have a list of things allowed in the HSC (1 Viewer)

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
As the title said, could someone assesble what we are allowed and not allowed
Like I already know the following, is there anymore?
-Black pens
-2B Pencil
-Board Approved Calculator
-Ruler
- All most be Concealed in a see through bag/case
- Water Bottle thats
Anything else?

icycledough

HSC
If you are doing a language, you may be able to use a dictionary, but note if you bring your own one, it will be subject to investigation before the exam (to make sure you aren't trying to cheat or conceal any notes in it).

dannyo1

HSC
Also, for geography, students may bring in things like string, calculator, protractor etc for the geography skills section. I'd check with your teacher to make sure you don't miss anything if this applies.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
If you are doing a language, you may be able to use a dictionary, but note if you bring your own one, it will be subject to investigation before the exam (to make sure you aren't trying to cheat or conceal any notes in it).
Just to add to this, there is no limit to the number of dictionaries that students may bring to the written examination as long as they satisfy what icycledough mentioned. More specifically, language students should be aware of the following:

Unannotated monolingual and/or bilingual print dictionaries may be used in Latin exams, as well as all Beginners, Continuers, [Language] in Context, [Language] and Literature and Extension courses in modern languages. No dictionaries may be used in classical Greek or classical Hebrew exams. Digital dictionaries are not permitted.

Additionally, the exam equipment list covering each subject can be found on the HSC exam timetable:

dannyo1

HSC
If we accidentally take our phone, is the bag the safest option by switching it off completely?
If you accidentally bring your phone into the literal exam hall, my suggestion would be to raise your hand and alert the invigilator as soon as you realise you've got your phone - just be honest with them and it'll all be fine, but for the love of god please give it over before reading time starts.

icycledough

HSC
If we accidentally take our phone, is the bag the safest option by switching it off completely?
I believe once everyone is in the room, they double check by asking students if they do have a phone, and that if they do go to give it over, they can do so without any penalty. But as is common sense, don't keep it in your pocket, even if it is completely switched off. They have every right to give you a 0 for doing so

nourished.

HSC
As the title said, could someone assesble what we are allowed and not allowed
Like I already know the following, is there anymore?
-Black pens
-2B Pencil
-Board Approved Calculator
-Ruler
- All most be Concealed in a see through bag/case
- Water Bottle thats
Anything else?
+Enthusiasm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)