could i teach myself 4unit from the textbook? (1 Viewer)

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
Yeh definately. I didn't even think about doing it the other way. I'm so used to doing integrals with sin<sup>n</sup>x/cos<sup>m</sup>x or vise versa.

lolokay

HSC
Js^-1 said:
Yeh definately. I didn't even think about doing it the other way. I'm so used to doing integrals with sin<sup>n</sup>x/cos<sup>m</sup>x or vise versa.
you can do it easily by writing as sinx/cos2 quite easily if you just do it by inspection (like tommykins did)

you can see that ∫sinx.sec2
= ∫sinx.cos-2x
= (cos[x])-1

and then just evaluate that

if you're doing a definite integral, is it usually easier to substitute in the limits in terms of u (like what Js^-1 did), or to evaluate the indefinite integral, and then convert back in terms of x, so you can use the orginial limits? (if you get what I'm asking)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
lolokay said:
you can do it easily by writing as sinx/cos2 quite easily if you just do it by inspection (like tommykins did)

you can see that ∫sinx.sec2
= ∫sinx.cos-2x
= (cos[x])-1

and then just evaluate that

if you're doing a definite integral, is it usually easier to substitute in the limits in terms of u (like what Js^-1 did), or to evaluate the indefinite integral, and then convert back in terms of x, so you can use the orginial limits? (if you get what I'm asking)
if i must use a substitution, i normally evaluate the limits of the substitution rather than reverting it back into x's, this saves alot of time.

eriito

Elite Member
HSC
youngminii said:
Yeah I'm also going to teach myself 4unit
Also a bit of every other subject
=D Gl
Ahaha Andrew.. I'm also trying to teach myself 4U ;) Argh i need that terry lee book but nobody seems to have any on bos.. ima just get it from dymocks i guess

jkwii

Ultimate Member
HSC
just remember don't just read a textbook that won't help you. try cambridge/TL/patel Qs (TL is good since it has got worked sols).

shaon0

HSC
jkwii said:
just remember don't just read a textbook that won't help you. try cambridge/TL/patel Qs (TL is good since it has got worked sols).
lol...fitzpatrick is good if you download the solutions, and also cambridge

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
To me, it's better if my teacher goes through the theory on the board so we understand what's going on and doing a few examples. The advantage of this is that they can also emphasise some important points

Learning by yourself can be challenging. What do you do when you have problems?

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
ronnknee said:
To me, it's better if my teacher goes through the theory on the board so we understand what's going on and doing a few examples. The advantage of this is that they can also emphasise some important points

well, its not like i'm not going to go to class and learn it as well, i'm just learning it a bit earlier, and i downloaded the worked solutions and i also have people to ask if i hav problems

shaon0

HSC
ronnknee said:

IF i have problems , I either post it up on BoS or do another question and so on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)