• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

could some1 please look at my drafT? (1 Viewer)

foxster

HSC
hey,
was wondering if anyonem if they have time, could please look at my project draft, just so i can get some comments/suggestions/criticism etc...and feel free to get some ideas from it.

thanks a lot
will

ps. pm me or email me on bearwonks@hotmail.com

Abbeygale

HSC
You're better than me. I haven't even thought about drafting yet.

One thing that jumped out at me was a slight lack of specifics. I assume this is because it's a first draft, so you've still got a lot of research to go before the final piece. For example 'These include the large earthquake at Thera, in which, some historians/researchers suggest, is the cause of the downfall of Atlantis' would be better served by naming which historians, adding a footnote specifying which book, and possibly throwing in a quote.

Last edited:

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Hey Foxster.
Last year I did the Arthurian Legend, with a major focus on how it became mythologised. I wrote about 2 key historians; Geoffrey of Monmouth and Thomas Malory and explained how the contextual influences of these historians led to the Arthurian legend being designed to promote the personal, social and political beliefs of the time.
Now this is relevant to your assignment in the sense that after I explained how the Arthurian legend became mythologised I made general comments about the significance of mythologised history.

My main point was that historical accuracy is not always the central issue, and using my specific case study, I illustrated the impact mythologised history had upon society. For the Arthurian Legend I predominantly focused upon the Holy Grail.

Now to do well in history extension you have to be able to challenge traditional perspectives and positions. In a bid to achieve this I incorporated different perspectives on mythologised history. I remember finding several historians, such as David Dumville, who practically stated that mythologised history should be rejected from our textbooks and teachings. My argument challenged this and used specific examples in my case study to back this up. This is something you should set out to achieve in your essay. At this point you need to incorporate more examples, instead of making general comments about mythologised history.

Keep working on your essay. You still have a lot of time to improve it. It’s quite impressive to see that you are at the draft stage at this point in time. I know I wasn't and I attained a mark of 21/25 for my essay, with an internal mark of 43/50 and an overall mark of 42/50.

Find attached my assignment. I don't know how useful you'll find this but you never know.

Good luck with it, if you have any further questions don’t hesitate to send me a pm.

Igor

HSC
N/A
"in history extension you have to be able to challenge traditional perspectives and positions"

Postmodernism Craig. I know you want to say it. just say it.
I am almost fed up with hearing about it in class too... "postmodernims people, it's the best angle to take". thanks Littlewood!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)