Could someone lend me some motivation. (1 Viewer)

Hiheyhello

HSC
Every time I try to take a “break” for a week it ends being a week filled with shame and regret because I’m not studying, then when the week is over it’s as if I never took a break at all. and the cycle repeats
try not to feel too guilty about it now that the hsc’s been pushed back!

also i think it rlly will depend on how you use your “break”

more on that to come…

icycledough

HSC
Every time I try to take a “break” for a week it ends being a week filled with shame and regret because I’m not studying, then when the week is over it’s as if I never took a break at all. and the cycle repeats
I think what you could rather do than taking a full week off studying and then unwillingly have to resume the following week would be to have deload days. So essentially, you are still doing something productive each day, but you may want to reduce the number of hours you spend per day. Within that week, you may want 1-2 full days off, but any more than that and you will find that it is much more difficult to get back into the groove of studying to a schedule. You could maybe spend a few hours studying a day as a deload period, and during the rest of the day, just chill or even go on some forums (like this one) and just read through any topics which are of use to you. By doing that, you aren't completely neglecting your studies for a whole week, but you are still engaging in some sort of 'passive' work, even if it isn't the most productive.

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
I think what you could rather do than taking a full week off studying and then unwillingly have to resume the following week would be to have deload days. So essentially, you are still doing something productive each day, but you may want to reduce the number of hours you spend per day. Within that week, you may want 1-2 full days off, but any more than that and you will find that it is much more difficult to get back into the groove of studying to a schedule. You could maybe spend a few hours studying a day as a deload period, and during the rest of the day, just chill or even go on some forums (like this one) and just read through any topics which are of use to you. By doing that, you aren't completely neglecting your studies for a whole week, but you are still engaging in some sort of 'passive' work, even if it isn't the most productive.
What a great idea, but I'll pass :)

hiiitsme

HSC
Our
How did you go in your latest bio exam (not the trial one)
our trial was bullshit. I was hopeful to keep a clean sheet in but think I lost my first mark cos there was a question which didn’t make sense so they had to change it. IN THE EXAM. But it was a two hour exam so probably dropped something else also, what can you do

may22

HSC
How tough does year 12 bio get?

I just did my prelim bio exam like 2 hours ago and was not expecting what was in it

hiiitsme

HSC
Adding to this, module 8 was what our depth study was based on. Meaning for module 6 ive had no exams on it and thus will probably be the one I will struggle with the most 😔
Lucky module 6 is the easiest imo, only 3 inquiry questions and lots of overlap. remembering a couple of good GMOs for examples then you’ll be fine

stressedadfff

HSC
Yeah, only one person got full marks, so I guess my rank isn’t too bad

I’m still kinda disappointed though, I lost two marks on the last two questions for the same reason sbsunsisn
How’s your school ranking

Directrix

Forklift Certified
HSC
Yeah my school make their trial papers. I thought every school makes their own trial papers? Is that not the case?
na, a bunch of catholic schools do cssa and other types of company produced papers like independant, neap, exam choice etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)