could use some advice (1 Viewer)

SMZ

HSC
Hey so i'm doing advanced math rn and not doing anywhere near as well as I hoped. My first test was ok with 80% but I completely screwed up my second with 34%. I kind of feel like I should drop down to standard 2 but catching up on 4-5 topics will mean the workload is going to be huge, and the head teacher said the second test was made too difficult for us and the next ones will probably be easier (the grade average was around the same as what I got). Should I drop down???

laterz laterz

HSC
depends on what school you go to

average at Baulkham Hills is different to average at some low ranking school

do you mind giving an estimate of your school ranking

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I would advise against dropping since you have a lot to catch up on.

Your result in your first test doesn't really show that Advanced isn't for you. A good thing to do now is to go over your second test with your teacher (if you haven't already done so) and identify your mistakes, then focus on these areas and complete relevant practice questions so you can improve. Plus, since the next test will be easier than this one (I'm assuming it will be as difficult as the first one), it's highly likely that you'll end up getting a similar mark (if not better) to your first test, provided you are prepared for it.

Also, Mathematics Standard doesn't scale great and that's another point you might want to consider.

Ollier888

HSC
Depends on your effort, the workload of catching up won't be that hard for you considering your already good at maths. Studying for my exam I got through 2 topics (probably a term of text book work) in 2-3 days (Non-right angle Trig and Networks).

idkkdi

HSC
Depends on your effort, the workload of catching up won't be that hard for you considering your already good at maths. Studying for my exam I got through 2 topics (probably a term of text book work) in 2-3 days (Non-right angle Trig and Networks).
imagine getting through a term of textbook work in 2-3 days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)