Countdown to the SC (1 Viewer)

music dr

the little mermaid
HSC
Well, it's only 1 month and 2 days till the begining of the end. The end of our childhood. The begining of the rest of our lives, however u want to put it, but it's still

TheSchoolCertificate

bum bum buuuuuummmmmm

How prepared are you? me, i'm kinda stuffed in geography and history and maths, but who isnt? lol

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
music dr said:
Well, it's only 1 month and 2 days till the begining of the end. The end of our childhood. The begining of the rest of our lives, however u want to put it, but it's still

TheSchoolCertificate

bum bum buuuuuummmmmm

How prepared are you? me, i'm kinda stuffed in geography and history and maths, but who isnt? lol
er....get over it, it's only the SC. the beginning of the rest of our lives is HSC stuff.

G

Gavvvvvin

Yes, it is the end of your childhood, and time to become a man :p

You remind of that kid off the Wonder Years who always reminisces about shit :p

malkin86

HSC
Good luck folks!

Yeah, I was kinda stuffed in history too... I dropped it afterwards. Very satisfying. :)

There are practice multiple choices on the Board site, in case you didn't know.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The SC?

*cough*

If you can count to 10 you can pass the SC :)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
The school certificate holds no relevance to anything, anywhere.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Purple_Circles said:
The SC?

*cough*

If you can count to 10 you can pass the SC :)
Hahaha so true :p

If I could pass the Science SC, I mean it...ANYONE CAN.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
You will see that you will only ever talk about the SC again when you get your results, and most people i know didnt even talk about their results. I havnt even considered them in two years

music dr

the little mermaid
HSC
_DeathlessOne_ said:
Yes, it is the end of your childhood, and time to become a man :p

You remind of that kid off the Wonder Years who always reminisces about shit :p
First i am a girl. What guy do u know that likes Emily the Strange and roses with stars? and second, i was just making the point that the big tests start and it only gets bigger from here...

I can be very meterphorical and melodramatic when i want to make a point - but all in good fun tho :D

kylie_robbo

The SC is nothing to worry about, regardless of what everyone says (especially school - they just want you to stop having fun and get stressed!)

My only piece of advice: English exam: Know your text types. I did the SC in 2002, and the last qtn asked us to write a narrative. I for the life of me could not remember what a narrative was, so I wrote a letter to the editor (my most hated [and worse] style of creative writing). A narrative is a fictional story.

The SC is seriously nothing to worry about, especially if you are continuing on to yrs 11 & 12, or got an apprenticeship or traineeship... It is only if you are going to be bumming around doing nothing for the rest of your life that the SC actually counts... If that is the case, put in a half-hearted attempt, and you will shock yourself with your fantastic results and decide to do yrs 11 & 12!

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Ok, I feel bad for laughing, but you didn't know what a narrative was? Do you have some form of learning disability or did you just have your hands over your ears for 11 yrs?

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
I would just like to echo my fellow non yr 10-ers in saying, the SC is not at all important. so just get over it already.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
cherryblossom said:
I would just like to echo my fellow non yr 10-ers in saying, the SC is not at all important. so just get over it already.
Says the one who had "straight 90s SC student" in their sig for aaaages.:p

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
withoutaface said:
Says the one who had "straight 90s SC student" in their sig for aaaages.:p
I was trying to hussle business, but in whoop whoop there is no business to be done. I therefore decided to become bitter about the little significance of my accumulating such results.
shut up waffy you got straight 90s in your trials and did your immodesty thang in the chinese forum. :p

mack

Banned
HSC
The SC isnt really a big deal honestly. I found it to be general knowledge based anyway. I got Band 6 in everything except history, and my study for the SC consisted of playing guitar and nothing else.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
sc is the most crap,
i remember for mine, we were told for geography to do our case study on lake mungo man or something. I just wrote about thredbo and its implications of in a national park

and for the aboriginal thing i wrote about the walk accross the harbour bridge.

honestly, i think if u take the piss out of it u do better

i got 97 for geog btw ;)

ryaneco

HSC
Ok seriously, my sister is in year 10 doing the SC, im doing the HSC, the SC is nothing trust me, it is simple, like someone else said if you can count to 10 you can pass without trouble, does anyone remember the basics skills test? its pretty much the same as that!!! so easy, so simple, don't stress, when you get to year 12 you can stress.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)