Couple of Questions, Urgent (1 Viewer)

boris2003

HSC
1. I didn't get my first preferance Bachelor of Business / Commerce major in Accounting. I got Bachelor of Arts though. Am i able to do that for 1 semester and then reapply for uac for a transfer to Accounting, how well do you have to do and can i use my tafe diploma again to apply for the mid year, which i already used to apply through to UAC.
2. When is the Closing date for the enrolment at UWS, i cannot find it anywhere.
3. For now for the first semester will choose History/Philosophy/Politics, can i structure my units in a way that i like the best, so i get good marks, and have more chances for the mid year applications.
4. When you enrol do you pay for the full year, or half of year, if you pay for the full year, and i transfer to accounting during the second semester, do i get the money back that i paid for the second semester of the course of which i won't be doing anymore.
5. If anyone is doing His/Ph/Pol, i need help in picking my units, haven't enrolled yet, will do soon.
6. What is tut reg all about, i don't get that at all.

That's it for, thanks in advance for all the responses

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
boris2003 said:
1. I didn't get my first preferance Bachelor of Business / Commerce major in Accounting. I got Bachelor of Arts though. Am i able to do that for 1 semester and then reapply for uac for a transfer to Accounting, how well do you have to do and can i use my tafe diploma again to apply for the mid year, which i already used to apply through to UAC.
2. When is the Closing date for the enrolment at UWS, i cannot find it anywhere.
3. For now for the first semester will choose History/Philosophy/Politics, can i structure my units in a way that i like the best, so i get good marks, and have more chances for the mid year applications.
4. When you enrol do you pay for the full year, or half of year, if you pay for the full year, and i transfer to accounting during the second semester, do i get the money back that i paid for the second semester of the course of which i won't be doing anymore.
5. If anyone is doing His/Ph/Pol, i need help in picking my units, haven't enrolled yet, will do soon.
6. What is tut reg all about, i don't get that at all.

That's it for, thanks in advance for all the responses
Oh boy, it's gonna take a while to answer all of this. No your tertiary record stands and is used to calculate entry into accounting, im not sure if your diploma is used in conjunction.

Depends on the accounting course and if it does have a mid year intake, it's best to contact the uni admin for this.

2. Don't leave enrolement, do it now, it's not listed online.

But i presume by the 15th of Feb February 2008 and by the census date for HECS

Date Event
1 February Census date Q1 Session.
11 February Tutorial Registration opens for first schools.
15 February Deadline for submission of deferred and Summer Session results for students graduating in April

3. Yes along as you abide by the guidelines and rules, you should of attended your academic advising day for all this info.

4. Hmm Hecs arrangment can be payed for by semester so only pay by the census date, i just hope they dont run into the offer period.

5. You should have attended your academic advising day at your campus for this informaiton
http://www.uws.edu.au/students/stuadmin/start/local/info

6. tute reg opens on the 11th of Feb it is to register your tutorial sessions for your lectures, register asap as preferrable tute times usually those straight after lectures fill up pretty quick. http://www.uws.edu.au/students/stuadmin/tut_reg
But you should print off all your unit timetables/lecture/tute time pages and select the best combination that works our for you.

Enroll ASAP please visit your nearest UWS or ring them up
Freecall: 1800 897 669
Fax: + 61 2 9678 7160
if you need help enrolling online

Last edited:

boris2003

HSC
Wooz said:
Oh boy, it's gonna take a while to answer all of this. No your tertiary record stands and is used to calculate entry into accounting, im not sure if your diploma is used in conjunction.

Depends on the accounting course and if it does have a mid year intake, it's best to contact the uni admin for this.

2. Don't leave enrolement, do it now, it's not listed online.

But i presume by the 15th of Feb February 2008 and by the census date for HECS

Date Event
1 February Census date Q1 Session.
11 February Tutorial Registration opens for first schools.
15 February Deadline for submission of deferred and Summer Session results for students graduating in April

3. Yes along as you abide by the guidelines and rules, you should of attended your academic advising day for all this info.

4. Hmm Hecs arrangment can be payed for by semester so only pay by the census date, i just hope they dont run into the offer period.

5. You should have attended your academic advising day at your campus for this informaiton
http://www.uws.edu.au/students/stuadmin/start/local/info

6. tute reg opens on the 11th of Feb it is to register your tutorial sessions for your lectures, register asap as preferrable tute times usually those straight after lectures fill up pretty quick. http://www.uws.edu.au/students/stuadmin/tut_reg
But you should print off all your unit timetables/lecture/tute time pages and select the best combination that works our for you.

Enroll ASAP please visit your nearest UWS or ring them up
Freecall: 1800 897 669
Fax: + 61 2 9678 7160
if you need help enrolling online
Hi,
already accepted my offer
thanks for the response, will enroll on monday, or on the 7th Feb still hoping to get Acc in the final round, although i know that it's difficult to get one. Academic advising i couldn't attend as i was working, if there are any, and by the looks of it, there aren't any more advising days, i'll just have to call the uws on Monday and talk with them. I have read that the closing application for the enrollment is the 31st March, but also told that i should enroll before the 11th Feb, like you said before the tutorial registration.
The accounting course i already asked the guy over the phone, and he said that acc along with other business courses have usually a mid year intake ,but to be considered for it, do i need just a pass, or a much higher marks
Thank you

RabbitRabbit

HSC
N/A
If you're sure you want to transfer into B Bus/Com (Acc), you should choose electives next semester that are in the Bus/Com degree. That way, when you do get into B Bus/Com, the units you already did in B Arts can be used as advanced credit, meaning you save time by not having to do those units again.

Easy units in Bus/Com you should consider doing are:

200525.1 Principles of Economics
200083.1 Marketing Principles
200116.1 Management Accounting Fundamentals
200101.1 Accounting Information for Managers

boris2003

HSC
RabbitRabbit said:
If you're sure you want to transfer into B Bus/Com (Acc), you should choose electives next semester that are in the Bus/Com degree. That way, when you do get into B Bus/Com, the units you already did in B Arts can be used as advanced credit, meaning you save time by not having to do those units again.

hi,
thanks for answering, but how can my units be used as advanced credit if they have nothing to do with accounting, they are hist/philoso/poli

starrysky

HSC
RabbitRabbit said:

I thought that, for Bachelor of Arts, you could only choose Level 100 elective units from within the Arts field itself, and not other faculties?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
boris2003 said:
hi,
thanks for answering, but how can my units be used as advanced credit if they have nothing to do with accounting, they are hist/philoso/poli
Plz speak to your academic advisor for B Arts and Accounting they can bend the rules so that you may be able to do some accouting, biz units as electives.

I'm a Sci Adv student despite some set units and electives after talkting to my course advisor i'm pretty much allowed to do anything at any uni aslong as they dont clash, and yeh except for the major.

boris2003

HSC
Wooz said:
Plz speak to your academic advisor for B Arts and Accounting they can bend the rules so that you may be able to do some accouting, biz units as electives.

I'm a Sci Adv student despite some set units and electives after talkting to my course advisor i'm pretty much allowed to do anything at any uni aslong as they dont clash, and yeh except for the major.
Could you explain this a little better, please, please.
Also, as Bachelor Of Business/Commerce is a new course, i called the uni and they said that because it is a new course, they said that it is not guaranteed that there will be a mid year intake, which just lowered my self-esteem to the lowest possible level, he did say that courses like Applied Finance, in which you can major in Accounting, have been offered in the last few years. I just hope that B Bus/Comm comes up in the mid year intake, as UWS does not compete in the final round, i guess i have no chance of getting an offer, unless a student declines his offer from the late round.
Another question, as I have a Dimploma in Business Marketing, should i apply for advanced standing now in my BA course, or in Semester 2, when i hopefully get offered a B Bus/Comm Course.
Also the guy said that it is best to enroll before the tutorial registration, meaning before the 11th February, and i am gonna call the academic adviser and see what i can do.
Thanks alot for your responses, anymore would be more than welcome. He also said that i cannot apply for the mid year internally, through UWS, but externally through UAC, as Bachelor of arts, has nothing to do with B Busin/Comm. He did say, that did calm my nerves down a little, that if the B Busin/Comm comes up that i have really good chances of getting in as I would be applying through the TAFE diploma. I also received an offer in the late round which i declined from UNSW for BA, as it is way too far away, as UNSW BA uai is like 77, or something like that, and B Bus/Comm is 68, i shouldn't have problems getting in the second year, if god help me, the course does come up.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
I'm suprised your enrolling in a BA considering that you have done a diploma in Business Marketing, you really need to talk to Student Services about advanced standing because im not sure about the electives in arts, etc.

Sorry, that i can't help any further.

boris2003

HSC
Wooz said:
I'm suprised your enrolling in a BA considering that you have done a diploma in Business Marketing, you really need to talk to Student Services about advanced standing because im not sure about the electives in arts, etc.

Sorry, that i can't help any further.
Yes it was a costly mistake, at the end of year 12, i didn't get a high enough uai, so i did a year at Tafe marketing, just to get me to uni so i can accounting, but unfortunately i got BA, i did apply for B Business / Commerce, but didn't get the offer

boris2003

HSC
boris2003 said:
Yes it was a costly mistake, at the end of year 12, i didn't get a high enough uai, so i did a year at Tafe marketing, just to get me to uni so i can accounting, but unfortunately i got BA, i did apply for B Business / Commerce, but didn't get the offer
Also, i can't called them now, they don't work, my basic quesiton is do i have a chance at studying the course in the mid year, i have already wasted 1 year, and as is frustrating for me, it is even worse for my parents, who don't want me to lose another year. If anyone knows anybody in a similar situation, that they got their second pref, and then changed the course in the mid year intake, please discuss it , i beg you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)