Course Entry Leniency? (1 Viewer)

SnowTau

HSC
I was doing Mechatronic Engineering at UoW, but it's not for me so I decided to take a gap year at the end of session one, but ended up deciding I'm not going back at all. Now I want to study Digital Media next year at UNSW. I sent an email regarding my situation, and they said as I only did 6 months at UoW it won't count towards anything so my ATAR will be what gets me anywhere. I got 81.85 ATAR in 2011. They told me in the email that the 2012 cut-off was 82.05. So very close. Firstly any predictions as to whether it may go up or down next year? If it just dropped slightly it'd be perfect. Otherwise, if we assume it stays the same, how lenient are they on entry? Because I'm 0.2 short of the cut-off am I instantly forgotten or am I still given a chance? I really don't want to miss out on this course.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
No idea if it'll go up or down, supply and demand etc.
There's no real leniency, if the cut off was 82.05 that just means the last person offered a spot had an ATAR of 82.05.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
have you checked if hsc plus applies?

SnowTau

HSC
Yeah, the only course that does apply is one of the ones I didn't do, Visual Arts.

Speaking of that, is anyone doing Digital Media? Is there any non computer based work? At a computer with 3D programs / Photoshop / After Effects etc, I can produce some pretty decent work but as soon as you get me away from a keyboard and onto paper... nope. Not an artist in that way, hence why I didn't do Visual Arts. Is there anything like that in the course?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)