Course help!!! please please (1 Viewer)

brettie

HSC
:wave: can anyone please give me an overview of the bachelor of arts course.. i need help:confused: :burn:

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
Bludging at the cafeteria 101
Random weird protests 102
becoming a vegetarian 103
Joining all sorts of random groups and advocating their rights 104

other random bludging and carry-on

Graduation

Chris.

HSC
brettie said:
is it a good course to study/is it worth it?
the above two posters have answered your question, no

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
brettie said:
is it a good course to study/is it worth it?
Depends on your interest, if you really want to do it you will do it. Nothings a waste i guess.

HSC
really depends on what you want to do with it. there aren't too many options (not that i can think of) unless you're amongst the very best/do postgrad or couple it with something else (such as a teaching).

brettie

HSC
thanks.. im thinking of doing it and then adding the extra year for the teaching course, or doing it as a degree combined with teaching or somthing like that :)

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
If you do the arts course, then the teaching degree as the add on year at the end, you will be unprepared for teaching of any type whatsoever....

One or two casual days at a school and they will realise this.. you wont be called back..

If you want to do a teaching degree, my advice is to do teaching from the onset..

Goodluck!

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
PrincessSJ said:
If you do the arts course, then the teaching degree as the add on year at the end, you will be unprepared for teaching of any type whatsoever....

One or two casual days at a school and they will realise this.. you wont be called back..

If you want to do a teaching degree, my advice is to do teaching from the onset..

Goodluck!
Yet so many people do the year at the end, and actually get through the course and then get jobs...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
PrincessSJ said:

Goodluck!
I know at MQ, they won't actually let you do the teaching addon unless you've basically done the BAdiped, minus the diped subjects then you spend the year doing all the subjects you would've done in a diped over 1.5 years or 2 years.

Maybe at some institutions it might be a bit more lax, but can't blanket everyone who decides to do the extra year as incompetent.

And to threadstarter: A BA is not a direct pathway into any specific job/position, its a general degree.

brettie

HSC
do you recommend i do a combined b/arts b/teaching?????

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
What do you want to do?

I dont think you should go into uni with the mentality of letting other people decide your degree for you.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
ugh! *Grabs pom poms and cheerleader uniform*

Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle! Newcastle!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)