Course information day (1 Viewer)

mitch_f1

HSC
hey
Im comming down from the North Shore, and was wondering, is there a bus linking the train line and the uni, or will i need to drive down?

Thanks
Mitch

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Take the 391, 393 or 395 from eddy avenue stand C at central. Not sure if the 895 (express) is running at the moment since it's holidays and all...

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
When I was enrolled in summer session during December, the 895 bus was running. If you see the 895, take that one, it's much quicker. Where does the 895 leave from? Head towards that tram bridge at the end of Eddy Ave (past stand C) and you'll see a pole. The bus tends to stop at that pole. Don't go past Belmore Park. You can't really miss it, there's usually a crowd waiting for it anyway. If in doubt, catch one of the buses that Dumsum mentioned.

Indeed.

mitch_f1

HSC
I am totally confused now. The 895 doesn't run in the morning tmrw, and none of those other routes seem to go by UNSW????

Do you reckon I could get away with taking my bike on the train at like 9am? If so, how safe would it be locked up at UNSW?

WAit, found this: http://www.sydneybuses.info/commonpdfs/sydneybuses/tt/890_891_894_895tt.pdf

On the second page it lists the 891 bus...which i assume lists the departure time? So I might see if I can catch that. Can anyone confirm it please

Last edited:

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
The 391, 393 and 395 run down Anzac Parade until at LEAST Kingsford, which is after UNSW. And Anzac Parade is one of the main boundaries for UNSW.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Ah, sorry about that. Yeah, you'll want the 891 from Central in the morning then, or any of the ones that Dumsum mentioned. Basically, hop on the first one (of those numbers) that you see. If in doubt, ask the driver. Some of them are friendly...

Do you reckon I could get away with taking my bike on the train at like 9am? If so, how safe would it be locked up at UNSW?
Pretty safe, I'd imagine. Park it outside the security center (in between Red Center/Keith Burrows) for maximum security. Remember, if you travel during peak hour you have to buy a kids ticket for your bike.

mitch_f1

HSC
Ok, thanks for your help guys.

If anyone sees someone walking around central station with a red backpack looking very confused, try to contain your laughter :p

Thanks again
Mitch

gman03

HSC
After you cross Anzac Pde from uni entrance, there will be a bus stop on your LEFT. THere will be a map showing the routes of each bus. Follow the numbers which lead you to Central. The numbers are usually 391,393,395 & 895.

Alternatively just visit http://www.131500.info and learn to use the trip planner

These sort of questions are already answered by babydoll_ in her sticked thread "Studying @ UNSW – a guide from a student".

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Yeah, but people don't like to look in those threads. I, and many others prefer the hands on touch you can only get with hired goons.

Catch the bus that says Central/Railway Square near NIDA (directly opposite the crosswalk actually) in the afternoons. As the semester goes on, you'll learn of the bus stop at upper campus (outside Wallace Wurth).

HSC
ok so ive accepted the offer.....but havent enrolled because i dont know what my majors are (thats why im going down tomorrow - to get advice) but anyway can I still get my card?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i think if you accepted, then youre officially a student and thus can get your very own student card

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)