Course number corresponding to the year? (1 Viewer)

tau281290

HSC
So do course numbers correspond to the year you are in ur degree? e.g. you can only do course numbers begin with "1" in your first year? etc.

But then i saw this:

Required Course List
FINS1612 Capital Markets & Institution (6 UOC)
FINS1613 Business Finance (6 UOC)
FINS2624 Portfolio Mgmt (6 UOC)
FINS3616 International Business Finance (6 UOC)

Note: Students should take the four compulsory Finance courses in the first 2 years of their study (preferably in first year and the first semester of the second year) so that they can complete as many Finance courses as possible in the areas of Banking, Corporate Finance, Funds Management and International Finance during their second and third years.

So that means you can do FINS3616 in your second year since they want you to finish all required courses during your first 2 years.

Does that also mean I can do the optional courses beginning with "3" in my 2nd year (as long as I have fulfilled my prerequisites)?

I am asking this because I want to do FINS3641 Security Analysis & Valuation (6 UOC) ASAP without waiting until 3rd year. I just finish first year.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
So do course numbers correspond to the year you are in ur degree? e.g. you can only do course numbers begin with "1" in your first year? etc.

But then i saw this:

Required Course List
FINS1612 Capital Markets & Institution (6 UOC)
FINS1613 Business Finance (6 UOC)
FINS2624 Portfolio Mgmt (6 UOC)
FINS3616 International Business Finance (6 UOC)

Note: Students should take the four compulsory Finance courses in the first 2 years of their study (preferably in first year and the first semester of the second year) so that they can complete as many Finance courses as possible in the areas of Banking, Corporate Finance, Funds Management and International Finance during their second and third years.

So that means you can do FINS3616 in your second year since they want you to finish all required courses during your first 2 years.

Does that also mean I can do the optional courses beginning with "3" in my 2nd year (as long as I have fulfilled my prerequisites)?

I am asking this because I want to do FINS3641 Security Analysis & Valuation (6 UOC) ASAP without waiting until 3rd year. I just finish first year.
Yes, you can do 3rd year courses in 2nd year. The university is only suggesting to you a preferred path of doing your courses so that you can reach the prerequisites for the later year courses sooner.

Unless a course in particular specifies otherwise, the order to your compulsory courses and electives is entirely up to you.

leoyh

mic`
HSC
You can do subjects in whatever order you wish as long as the subject that you wish to do/that you pick, you have met the prerequisites for e.g. to do FINS2624 you must have done FINS1613

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)