hey there i have 2 questions

1. the courses listed for electrical engineering are

- maths
- higher maths
- physics
- higher physics
- engineering innovation
- computing

so far i have maths, phy, engo innovation and computing pending for enorlment are these courses i chose relevant to my program?

2. i auto timetabled my courses and there seems to always be a clash with enginering innovation in red. but no courses i see are being held at the same time as it :s whats going on??

thx!!

Edit: when making a timetable do i try to space our my lectures and tutorials?? coz i auto timetabled it and they were one after another like 2:00 - 3:00 then 3:00 - 5:00

and also the courses that i ddnt choose does the uni notify me next semester to enrol in those subs again?

Last edited:

shannonm

HSC
N/A
hey mate,

"so far i have maths, phy, engo innovation and computing pending for enorlment are these courses i chose relevant to my program?"

Yeah that should be fine.

If you do that, then for session 2 this year you will need:

Either maths 1b (math1231) or higher maths 1b (math1241)
plus higher physics 1b
plus 2 electives (they recommend ELEC1111 and COMP1921 for you)

"2. i auto timetabled my courses and there seems to always be a clash with enginering innovation in red. but no courses i see are being held at the same time as it :s whats going on??"

not sure mate, but drop the course if you are already enrolled in it, and then add it again (so it is in your 'pending classes', and instead of auto timetable , click 'add classes', and go down to option #5 (EET), thats for elec and try enrol in that

"Edit: when making a timetable do i try to space our my lectures and tutorials?? coz i auto timetabled it and they were one after another like 2:00 - 3:00 then 3:00 - 5:00"

all up to you mate, (if theres more than one time for lectures/tutes), you can try squeeze it into blocks or into less than 5 days (so you can work a full day etc), or you can spread it out with gaps in between with the intention of studying/hanging out during those times, its all up to you

"and also the courses that i ddnt choose does the uni notify me next semester to enrol in those subs again?"

uni wont tell you anything, for help you need to go out of your way to ask your 'school office' (of elec eng and telecom) after checking out your courses you do in handbook

http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/programs/2007/3640.html

also, if you plan to go to any of those advisory sessions, school welcomes, or o-week things for elec, u can ask other elec eng students what they timetables are like and put yours like theres etc

good luck

Mumma

HSC
ReaL~ said:
hey there i have 2 questions
2. i auto timetabled my courses and there seems to always be a clash with enginering innovation in red. but no courses i see are being held at the same time as it :s whats going on??
Do you mean when you view the graphical timetable? If parts of that are red then dont worry about it. Look above and you'll seee numbers, 1-14, Im pretty sure those are the weeks. If all are checked, you'd be viewing each timetable for each week at the same time, producing 'clashes' because class times do change each week (depends though). When you view each week indiviudally, no clashes will show up. Basically: Red in the timetable is OK as long as the previous enrollment page doesnt say your are clashing. Thats my theory so you might have to wait for a current student to answer that better.

Or you could meen that you cant actually enrol in a specific ENGG1000 options becuase it always says you clash with something? Well, I had the same problem before (the lectures and tutorials of the same subject would clash) but I think thats been fixed now, as I could enrol yesterday into the MMAN option.

And why did you atuo-timetable? Am I the only one who thinks figuring out your own timetable is alot of fun :confused:

ReaL~

HSC
yep! thx for the replies! solved my problems eheheh

franklhy

HSC
hi guys, i'm a student who has yet to enrol coming july 2009. so from what i've read above, i have to actually find out what courses i have to take in the particular semester and choose those courses on my own? and that myUNSW doesn't automatically choose the courses for me that i'm supposed to take?

and then, once i choose the 4 courses that i'm supposed to take in the semester, there's actually an 'auto timetable' button which i can click and it will auto arrange the lectures/tutorials/labs of all the 4 courses nicely into the timetable? and if there are clashes it will tell me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)