CPU temperature (1 Viewer)

Jeo

hey so, if i buy a 2.4 you can overclock it for me? :D

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Jesh
hey so, if i buy a 2.4 you can overclock it for me? :D
If your not good with the hardware, and your dependent on people doing it for you, DON'T! i implore you, even if Huy or any others helped you achieve it, what will happen when something stuffs up... it's not worth it.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Overclocking smartly won't affect you too much.

Just do'nt be silly and o/c it by 300MHz at first.

Do like 25-60Mhz then move on and check if your computer will POST.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Winston
even if Huy or any others helped you achieve it, what will happen when something stuffs up... it's not worth it.
Yeah, I can't be held accountable for my actions :p :p

But if I did it, and things went wrong (on my behalf, me being at fault), then I would replace the CPU and buy you another one of course. I won't take this risk though :p

It's like my friend who asked me to mod his PSX a few years back, and again with the PS2 - I don't have hundreds of dollars "just in case" I stuff up, LOL! :p

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Overclocking isn't really that pointful unless you crave for a few xtra fps
or a few min faster when divxing

or the average person, the average unoverclocked CPU should last 2-3 without upgrade

overclocking won't increase its life span by much since in 2-3 years p4 would have reached around 5-6 GHz

Soliah

Originally posted by jm1234567890
Overclocking isn't really that pointful unless you crave for a few xtra fps
or a few min faster when divxing

or the average person, the average unoverclocked CPU should last 2-3 without upgrade

overclocking won't increase its life span by much since in 2-3 years p4 would have reached around 5-6 GHz
A few extra FPS' in a game would be better gained by o/cing the vid card. I'd o/c when encoding videos or for F@H - CPU intensive things. But seeing as P4(C)s are so easy to o/c these days, most people do it just so they can say "I o/ced my CPU!!".

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Soliah
A few extra FPS' in a game would be better gained by o/cing the vid card. I'd o/c when encoding videos or for F@H - CPU intensive things. But seeing as P4(C)s are so easy to o/c these days, most people do it just so they can say "I o/ced my CPU!!".
O/C is also expensive since you need fast RAM

Soliah

RAM out there are generally of reasonable quality, and so can take the increased FSB w/o many problems. Of course the high end expensive RAM brands can take extremely low latency settings, but most cheaper mainstream RAM brands can bear with the increased setting w/o too much problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)