Cracked MacBook (1 Viewer)

karoooh

HSC
So my fucking waste-of-space brother has damaged my MacBook. I have a warranty from last month which will last me until December, but that was for free from the Apple store because my hard drive died unexpectedly. Anyway, do you think I could get it fixed somewhere?!?!?!?! Or am I just stuck with it like that until it's time for a new one? :(:(:(

I know it mightn't seem like much, but, IT'S NOT MEANT TO BE THERE. :(:(:(:(

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Jesus Christ. Lol. I'd definitely make him pay. Dunno if warranty covers a cracked outer shell. If the circumstances fit Apples warranty guidelines, you should have no problem.

Wtf did your brother do to cause this? I didn't know that was possible... Lol.

bazookie

HSC
this crack is a common problem with macbooks. Although caused by your brother, it would have cracked at a later time regardless. there is a piece of plastic sticking out the top of the lid, and each time you close it, it weakens that area. The people at apple will fix it for you. Just don't tell them your brother broke it and tell them it just happend through normal use. If you have warranty, they should fix it for free. Only problem is, they will need to take the laptop off you for a few weeks

karoooh

HSC
I don't know what he did! :( He has a tendency to sneak on when I'm at uni and I came home and it was in sleep mode - He couldn't even turn it off! And I've been away from the desk until just then and then I saw it! He won't admit to it that fucker. And I highly doubt it's my mum. :(

Edit: Yeah, I know there's that thing at the top, but I don't ever slam the macbook shut and there's a distinct gap between the gap and the markings left by the thing the lid. And I'd take it down to the store to ask, but I need my macbook until 1 Nov, cause I finish exams then >:|

Last edited:

bawd

HSC
karoooh said:
So my fucking waste-of-space brother has damaged my MacBook. I have a warranty from last month which will last me until December, but that was for free from the Apple store because my hard drive died unexpectedly. Anyway, do you think I could get it fixed somewhere?!?!?!?! Or am I just stuck with it like that until it's time for a new one? :(:(:(

I know it mightn't seem like much, but, IT'S NOT MEANT TO BE THERE. :(:(:(:(

Gee that's nasty. I'm being extra careful with my MacBook from now on.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Say it's a stress fracture and its slowly gotten bigger over months
see if they go for it =]

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Apple should fix it as long as you say it's a natural "injury". They don't want another playout of the IPod battery disaster, so they happily fix anything that appears natural.

dolbinau

HSC
Apple wouldn't replace my cracked iPhone screen, so good luck!

bazookie

HSC
Guys, i know for a fact that they will replace it under warranty. I've been there. Even though you don't slam it, it will happen regardless over time if you have a bad macbook. Tell them it happend under normal use. Don't tell them anything else and they will replace it.

nicholas.

HSC
that happened to me on both sides...
macbooks tend to get brittle over time...
the casing around my screen also did it in a few places...
i dont throw my comp around either..
chances are that if it was ur bro.. he wasnt trying.. just bad timing..

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
I'd make him pay even if it was "natural". :D Just for the fun of it... But that's me... Maybe I should stop saying "make him pay".

Yeah. Be extreamly careful what you say. They won't accept as an accident. Get your story straight and stick to it.

strjms72

HSC
maybe he's 5 so how could he pay? i would password it so he would know there's no use trying to handle it. as for the warranty they will fix it if you still have it. you said you only have a warranty for the hard drive, so i don't know

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
strjms72 said:
maybe he's 5 so how could he pay? i would password it so he would know there's no use trying to handle it. as for the warranty they will fix it if you still have it. you said you only have a warranty for the hard drive, so i don't know
If the laptop is less than a year old, it is definitely still covered by Apples limited warranty.

Calculators

HSC
Hey guys, do you think if I put a small 'natural' crack in my HP laptop, HP would replace the entire laptop for a new one?

karoooh

HSC
Yes, I plan on saying it's natural. Maybe it was, who knows. I'm blaming my brother cause he does tend to be the one who breaks my things. And he's 18. >:/ I think, if I can get it replaced, I'll sell it and get the new aluminium macbooks. They seem sturdier. :(

@Calculators: I doubt it.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Calculators said:
Hey guys, do you think if I put a small 'natural' crack in my HP laptop, HP would replace the entire laptop for a new one?
Only if your under warranty. Only if it's convincing, and you'd only get the same model of laptop back. They won't replace old for new if it's out of warranty.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
karoooh said:
Yes, I plan on saying it's natural. Maybe it was, who knows. I'm blaming my brother cause he does tend to be the one who breaks my things. And he's 18. >:/ I think, if I can get it replaced, I'll sell it and get the new aluminium macbooks. They seem sturdier. :(

@Calculators: I doubt it.
Are they heavier?

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
chicky_pie said:
Get a Laptop.
The Macbook... Is a laptop... ???

If your refering to it being a Mac, don't bother lol. Maybe she chose the MacBook because of her personal preference. You can't change that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)