Craft of Writing (1 Viewer)

GoldenMelon

HSC
legit imagine they ask us to write a discursive / persuasive on smth like technology idek
id get a 0 lol
Discursives on technology are kinda generic lol. I have seen quite a few talking about the good and bad about phones and internet lol.

uniqueusername1

HSC
legit imagine they ask us to write a discursive / persuasive on smth like technology idek
id get a 0 lol
yea. in our trials we had to write a creative, discursive or persuasive on a famous Australian person. Legit I knew no one haha. I ended up writing some random piece on scomo. On the bright side everyone failed so my ranks were intact.

zizi2003_

HSC
Discursives on technology are kinda generic lol. I have seen quite a few talking about the good and bad about phones and internet lol.
yeah, but isnt generic = B4ish material?
idk like the samples I looked at were vv specific and with detailed examples

zizi2003_

HSC
yea. in our trials we had to write a creative, discursive or persuasive on a famous Australian person. Legit I knew no one haha. I ended up writing some random piece on scomo. On the bright side everyone failed so my ranks were intact.
the detail they can go into with the type of question scares me oml

GoldenMelon

HSC
yeah, but isnt generic = B4ish material?
idk like the samples I looked at were vv specific and with detailed examples
You can still get a high mark if your a good writer lol. But I just feel technology discursives are a bit overdone lol.

uniqueusername1

HSC
I don’t think any school has an English faculty that’s not weird lol.
100%. I think they are all tryna have revenge or something idk whats going on.

But that q in trials was aids. To make shit worse I had to incorporate techniques from Metamorphosis. The only thing I could think of was to write the story in the perspective of a koala (extended metaphor). Don't ask me how the story went and how I managed to include Uncle Scomo in it.

GoldenMelon

HSC

But that q in trials was aids. To make shit worse I had to incorporate techniques from Metamorphosis. The only thing I could think of was to write the story in the perspective of a koala (extended metaphor). Don't ask me how the story went and how I managed to include Uncle Scomo in it.
LOL what a weird question. Did your trials count though?

notme123

HSC
yea. in our trials we had to write a creative, discursive or persuasive on a famous Australian person.
That is a pre weird question what the hell.
I saw a persuasive on: Analyse how the craft of writing has lost its meaning in the modern world. Absolute stinker.
i Had one prepared on this but ditched it and I dont want to memorise it.

also you need to remember that the stimulus must link to all the studied texts. the latter only applies to Orwell which some may not do. the former i can see being asked because it still applies. personally, I would do Chris Lilley, cuz then I can use anecdotes of his shows which I absolutely LOVE. but being a discursive im not exactly sure what I should argue without treading on eggshells, maybe political correctness?

uniqueusername1

HSC
LOL what a weird question. Did your trials count though?
unfortunately they did. But the good thing in being at the bottom is that you can't go anymore down only up. Jokes i'm top 32 in english and I feel good. But the effort I put in I should be first. Unfortunately my fate was set as soon as I was born :(

Didn't turn out white nor did I have blonde hair and freckles.

Greninja340

HSC
thats why i prepared the creatives cause they are so hard to think on the spot and discursives are a lots easier to do on the spot. Plus with creative you can do multiples themes and ideas into one, (i.e. family, music, loss) but with discursives its always more specific at least i feel

uniqueusername1

HSC
thats why i prepared the creatives cause they are so hard to think on the spot and discursives are a lots easier to do on the spot. Plus with creative you can do multiples themes and ideas into one, (i.e. family, music, loss) but with discursives its always more specific at least i feel
All these languages and you choose to speak facts?

stressedadfff

HSC
MAHAHAHAHAHAH who comes up with that lmaooo

stressedadfff

HSC

THIS IS SOOO FUNNY OMLLL so spill what you wrote about

uniqueusername1

HSC
THIS IS SOOO FUNNY OMLLL so spill what you wrote about
So the story was about a koala who's tree was on fire. He would peer into the Parliament House and each time he would hear an orange haired lady (big boy allusion to Julia Gillard) his home (the tree) would begin to deteriorate further. However, one day a shiny golden man named Scomo arrived - a beacon of hope. He was the man for the people and the planet. Once he entered the parliament his presence could be felt. The koala's health started improving. The tree stopped catching fire. What a legend. The Koala started getting chubbier as he could finally lavish the eucalyptus leaves.

Before you roast me:

a) I know Julia Gillard was not before Scomo but, I couldn't describe turnball
b) I know his policies don't prioritise the environment that much lol. But, I had to craft him as a hero as the stimulus was a wall where a famous Australian would be painted + I don't know his accomplishments.
c) I just now realise how horrible the story turned out. I was hoping for a discursive :(
d) There was no fkin reflection so I had to make it evident I drawn inspiration from Kafka (didn't really turn out as an extended metaphor lol, just some random story in the perspective of a koala.

GoldenMelon

HSC
So the story was about a koala who's tree was on fire. He would peer into the Parliament House and each time he would hear an orange haired lady (big boy allusion to Julia Gillard) his home (the tree) would begin to deteriorate further. However, one day a shiny golden man named Scomo arrived - a beacon of hope. He was the man for the people and the planet. Once he entered the parliament his presence could be felt. The koala's health started improving. The tree stopped catching fire. What a legend. The Koala started getting chubbier as he could finally lavish the eucalyptus leaves.

Before you roast me:

a) I know Julia Gillard was not before Scomo but, I couldn't describe turnball
b) I know his policies don't prioritise the environment that much lol. But, I had to craft him as a hero as the stimulus was a wall where a famous Australian would be painted + I don't know his accomplishments.
c) I just now realise how horrible the story turned out. I was hoping for a discursive :(
d) There was no fkin reflection so I had to make it evident I drawn inspiration from Kafka (didn't really turn out as an extended metaphor lol, just some random story in the perspective of a koala.
A highly engaging creative piece that has skilfully integrated the stimulus to fulfill the needs of the craft of writing. The masterful use of evocative imagery contributes to the piece’s textual integrity to explore the anomalies, paradoxes and inconsistencies of the human experience, revealing how context and form has shaped the textual conversations which has been realised through the clever reimagining and reframing of the stimulus. Full marks.😆🤣😂

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)