• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

CRAMM Tactics (2 Viewers)

allstarr69

Ok so I know that the proper method was to start studying like at the beginning of this year but Im afraid me (and probably like many others) havent done much at all.

My question is.. How late is too late? Have there been ppl that have done minimal study right up until the trials and pulled off a mid 90's UAI? Or are all these ppl doing like 10 hours a day or something and if you havent your doomed/

From my own experience cramming sometimes works. For my end of semester physics exam last year I could have sworn I would have failed if I didnt wake up at 4.30AM and bug the smartest guy at school to help me. I ended up getting 96 and coming second in my year! lol (he came first) Yeh pity that wasnt an assessment mark cause it went downhill from there

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
It all depends on how well you can hold on to information. Some people can never study for anything yet continously achieve good marks simply because of the fact they have almost photographic memory. Me on the otherhand, I start each day with a fresh memory slate.

mack

Banned
HSC
My cousin did a cram beyond all crams after the trials, having done next to nothing the whole year, and got 98.05. Doesnt work for me, i have to keep the consistency or im a dead man.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
A lot of people can cram if they themselves try to believe that they can do it.

I myself have done a lot of cramming. What I did was go with 2 friends to the library a week before the exams and sit there for 10 hours a day writing syllabus dot points and doing past papers.

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
i crammed for every assesment (all sit down exams/essays) in our last assesment period and i think i did quite well...i think i plan to do the same for trials, except for maths.. its getting all your notes together to have something to cram from thats the bitch

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
ive only crammed once i got 55%, so its not for me

i find that if i revise one thing for a day of two it sticks in my head, so i just do that everyday

HSC
It's all in the way that you CRAM, not the fact you do it. You have to be in the right mindset. I did it for the Year 11 HY's, and although they are prolly not as bad as the HSC Examinations, I crammed each day from 11:30 after my previous exam for the exam the next day, and went pretty damn well........If your tired, screw the idea of cramming it doesn't work. You need to be 100% focused on what you doing to cram properly. When I did it, in the exam the following day, I could read a whole page from the textbook almost word for word, and no I don't have photographic memory.

You just need to find ways to attatch information to your brain in different ways, whether that be finding something in the information your absorbing that catches your interest, like the way mnemonics work. Think about the information, don't just fucking read it, otherwise you might as well be studying your grass growing.

It's not HOW MUCH, is HOW you study!!

..............Yeah, what he said.

santaslayer

HSC
Cramming is a skill that many people strive to be good at, but only a few can master.
It really depends on the subject. A subject like Maths is too hard to cram, whilst Business Studies is relatively easy to. I find that if I write out all the headings and keywords out of the whole textbook, I am able to construct my own meaning of the course content in a day. :uhhuh:

I crammed for all my subjects and I didn't get mid 90's, but I was close enough. :p
Maths didn't count ...LoLz

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Cramming doesn't do it for me. Never has.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
it's worked for me in the past 5 years. Next year, probably not.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Has always worked....which is the main reason why I still do it unfortunately :(

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
cramming works for me in economics and history etc. but for maths...consistency is the only key,
I cram until 11-11.30pm or so and cant absorb anymore, you can always wake up and cram from 6 or so, but it leaves me drained =/

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
No matter how much I study in the weeks leading up to an exam, I still cram on the night before, that way I get the best of both worlds.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
truly-in-bliss said:
drink plenty of water and 2 cans of V per day... no coffee......

do plenty of past papers..
Thats probably not too healthy:p

Adrian.

HSC
truly-in-bliss said:
2 cans of V per day.
No drink! It means you have to go to the toilet, chocolate coated coffee beans keep you awake but less time taken up by going to the toilet.

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
oh when u guys tlak about cram u mean like days
ive sat down 4 hrs before an exam and just learnt everything having done nothing previously, not even notes
i did quite well i think a ranking of 3/14?
neway when i mean cram imt laking bout last minute of last minute

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
ohhh I'll have to get back to you on that one, I'm cramming last minute for legal studies yearlies, next week so can't wait to see how much I failed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)