Cramming (1 Viewer)

NormanG

HSC
Just wondering...

Does cramming the night before or right before the tests work or is it just plain useless?

NormanG

HSC
i also heard a good nights sleep and waking up early and doing a bit of study helps alot :)

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Lots of cramming + nice sleep = good. :p Works for me, even without the good sleep part.

acevipa

HSC
Most of the subjects in the SC are pretty much common knowledge such as computing skills, science, maths, english and studying is pretty much pointless. However for history and geography, to get good marks you definetely need to study. Cramming, should work as it would prevent you from getting terrible marks in history and geography. However, if you're aiming for band 6, cramming probably isn't the best method.

NormanG

HSC
Hahaha. Cramming is like the only option now :)

Too bad i didn't start earlier. I'll just have to take Smithereens advice and CRAM!!

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
I remember things better if I do it right before I sleep. Once I had a Chinese test and wrote all my words once on a piece of paper before I went to sleep because it was kind of late. I woke up in the middle of the night and remembered the words. I got alright in my test even though I had only written the words once and didn't study it or anything.

HSC
i started about a week and a half ago to be completely honest-except for maths that is-i started in the oct hols for that.

im still cramming now. i dont think it matters when you start studying, there's always going to be something that you will find that you dont know. so be prepared and a bit of cramming is good i think.

wanted4911

HSC
I agree with stolenhotelpen

i started 2 weeks ago and im still cramming. Most of it is common knowledge.

For Geo,,, im stuffed lol

Science has freakishly lots of information

no wonder they break them into physic Chem and Bio

or else there will be just too much to learn

English= stuffed

everyone if you want to cram its useful

StratPat

HSC
Well.. Cramming is my only option now haha, but oh well It's worked for me before.

stoj19

HSC
well its better off to cram than not study at all....just dont stress.......and go to bed early !!

chadmeleon

HSC
Well this is what i learnt at this weird study skills lecture i went to -->

Just before you go to sleep and just as you wake up (and youre half asleep), youre in whats called an Alpha State and your brain is most receptive to info

so apparently reading over all you note just before you go to sleep and just as you wake up is REALLY good...

i actually tryed this for some Business content and even now i still remember...

But i am very for the cramming approach..after all who cares if you forget it all straight after the exam

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
cramming works for me :D cramming usually works for most people because cramming usually occurs on last minute of an exam and that puts stress on you to do well, so you usually naturally memorise everything....whearas if you study early, most people dont bother to memorise the stuff

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Works for some people - doesn't work for others. I know a heap of my friends that can do it quite successfully (usually girls). Then there's a whole heap of friends that say that they can do it quite successfully, but don't really do that well at all (usually guys). Then there's a whole bunch of girls and guys that have shitass short term memory and can't cram before exams (I'm in this group).

Doesn't work for me. Works for other people - Year 10 is the perfect time to try it out. The earlier you stuff up, the better.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Do we have to get grave robbing and bring old threads from last year back? It makes it kinda pointless.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
agirlinatutu said:
Do we have to get grave robbing and bring old threads from last year back? It makes it kinda pointless.
Why is it pointless?

Cramming in the short term doesn't work for me as well. I remember trying to memorise one diagram of a permeable membrane for a Biology exam. I drew it several times, and when I went into the exam, I remembered half of it, and forgot the other half :lol:

beachee99

HSC
i cram heaps.

well actually i don't study at all really, and i'm not just saying that. I don't do my assignments properly, i don't study except for like 20 mins before the exam starts. I just remember things as they are said, sort of subliminally.

This way, i derive great satisfaction beating people who require such a studious lifestyle.

Year 11 Preliminary.
Ext 1 English
Advanced Maths
Ancient History
Biology
Business Studies
Legal Studies

I'm a humanities nerd :D

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Razizi said:
Why is it pointless?

Cramming in the short term doesn't work for me as well. I remember trying to memorise one diagram of a permeable membrane for a Biology exam. I drew it several times, and when I went into the exam, I remembered half of it, and forgot the other half :lol:
No not cramming. Ha cramming is how I intend to study for SC.
I meant bring back old threads from last year instead of creating new ones. Its kinda annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)