• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

crapcrap.. (1 Viewer)

sladehk

le random
HSC
the preferences were closing and then.. i was stressed.. and then put down b comemrce- acturial/b comemrce- accounting as my course. now i kinda regret it coz i heard stories about how hard it was and how jobs are scarce and etc... *sigh.

this acturial that bad?!

(hopefully the uai cutoff rises and i dun get in)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
lol what did u want to do? Straight actuarial? Or soemthing completely different?

HSC
N/A
You think your industry is hard to get a job in?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!! You have no idea how many times I have heard "now, if you want to leave the fickle arts industry and pick up something stable like... say, actuarial studies..." :p

Go where your heart tells you to go, or follow the path you're good at. Or apply for a transfer. Any one of these is better than worrying about getting into the well-established uni degree at the well-established uni, wondering whether you'll someday get the well-recognised job in the well-recognised industry :p

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
glitter, with arts, you can become a fine teacher...45-50k+ a year :)

HSC
N/A
^ Not "B of Arts", but arts itself - creative arts, performing arts. I already work part-time as a dance teacher, and I think that's about as far with teaching as I want to go... at least with dance teaching it's very flexible, and you have a strong influence on the content you teach. You don't really have that with "real" teaching in schools, and that could just piss me off :/ lol

Granted, it means I could have an easier time with parents who think their kids are destined to be stars even though they have zero discipline. :p

sladehk

le random
HSC
what's the great wall of china for?
well this emperor nannits built it to keep out the rabbits?
(^sigh i prolly got it wrong)

bah

have to wait till second round then = (

X

xeuyrawp

sladehk said:
what's the great wall of china for?
well this emperor nannits built it to keep out the rabbits?
(^sigh i prolly got it wrong)

bah

have to wait till second round then = (
omfg.

He says 'Emperor Nazzi Gorring' -- it's a pun on Göring, who was a Nazi. That's why the add's funny, because he confuses Australian history (the rabbit proof fence), German history (Nazi Göring), and Chinese history (the wall itself and an emperor).

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
rofl, thanks pwar. i miss out on so much having no general knowledge and not understanding english techniques. it sucks to never be able to appreciate a movie / poem / book / even advertisement completely.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The experience is overrated, sex sells people SEX SELLS!

H?

buddy
HSC
PwarYuex said:
omfg.

He says 'Emperor Nazzi Gorring' -- it's a pun on Göring, who was a Nazi. That's why the add's funny, because he confuses Australian history (the rabbit proof fence), German history (Nazi Göring), and Chinese history (the wall itself and an emperor).
Meh - that ad is funny because he confuses Chinese history, Australian history and Indonesian food :)

Nasi Goreng is much more familiar to audiences (not to mention funnier) than Hermann Göring.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
PwarYuex said:
omfg.

I thought the 'Emperor Nazzi Gorring' quote was a reference to 'nasi goreng', a south-east asian version of fried rice? Never thought it was referring to Hermann Goring, haha.

X

xeuyrawp

H? said:
Meh - that ad is funny because he confuses Chinese history, Australian history and Indonesian food :)

Nasi Goreng is much more familiar to audiences (not to mention funnier) than Hermann Göring.
For me, it seems more logical for him to confuse two people of power who are known for similar things (being fat and going on pointless searches) rather than food. I mean, he's confusing two famous fences, so two famous people seems better than 'famous' food (lol, fried rice, but made with SWEET soy sauce...Nice innovation:p). Also considering he seems to be bringing up every year 7-10 grade history class.

I hadn't even heard of nasi goreng until I'd lived in Malaysia. Maybe I'm just not cultured enough. :(

If you're right, it's proof that I need to stop thinking so much. :D

Mumma said:
Guess the ad isnt funny anymore.
Aw. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)