• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

crapcrap.. (1 Viewer)

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
I hadn't even heard of nasi goreng until I'd lived in Malaysia. Maybe I'm just not cultured enough.
Haha, at least you knew what nasi goreng was! I knew it was some kind of dish from somewhere in Asia, but wasn't really sure until I read this thread.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
i always thought nasi goreng was some fried rice dish from China not Indonesia...

Its amusing how much this thread has deviated from the original topic.

HSC
N/A
omg Rob, you lived in Malaysia? Both my parents are from there! And like, all my extended family lives over there!

and yes, nasi goreng IS a malaysian dish. It has coconut rice in it, I think (which makes it distinctly malaysian - you wouldn't find something that 'tropical' in China or somesuch :))

X

xeuyrawp

glitterfairy said:
omg Rob, you lived in Malaysia? Both my parents are from there! And like, all my extended family lives over there!

and yes, nasi goreng IS a malaysian dish. It has coconut rice in it, I think (which makes it distinctly malaysian - you wouldn't find something that 'tropical' in China or somesuch :))
I thought it was just normal fried rice, but with sweet soy sauce / oyster sauce.

HSC
N/A
dammit, coconut rice is "nasi lemak" I think

you're right, I am a lame excuse for an asian :(

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I've never even heard of whatever you guys are talking about, I just order Honey Chicken

X

xeuyrawp

AsyLum said:
I've never even heard of whatever you guys are talking about, I just order Honey Chicken
As they say in Spain: Mike est la banana.

Jessica_00

HSC
N/A
Hey I heard that you can still change your prefs. If you didnt get offers in the Main round, you can still change your preferences in the second round.... well tahts what I read in the UAC website, dunno if I'm right or not. Anyone verify?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yes you can but from memory, last year mac didn't take any, or took very few in the second round.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
AsyLum said:
Me too <3<3

Ive had nasi goreng once, in Burwood.

Jessica, I think you can change your preferences out of main round for the final and late round considerations. If you dont get UNSW come to Mq for psychology.

Jessica_00

HSC
N/A
Supra said:
Me too <3<3

Ive had nasi goreng once, in Burwood.

Jessica, I think you can change your preferences out of main round for the final and late round considerations. If you dont get UNSW come to Mq for psychology.
Yeah Im beginning to regret choosing UNSW for my first pref, if they dont accept me in main round, Ill go into MAQ :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)