crappy teachers (1 Viewer)

Dustin_z

HSC
I hate biology now.

I used to have a really good bio teacher in year 11 except she retired and we got left with this new teacher.

The old bio teacher used to explain everything, she even explained stuff beyond what we 'needed' to know so that we totally understood the areas and the processes etc.

This new teacher just hands us work, teaches the minimum and you have very little understanding of anything.

Last year I was getting in the 70% - 80% range, but now I am only getting around 50%.

I hate it.

rama_v

HSC
I know what its like. The best thing to do is to try and learn the material yourself using textbooks and asking others, using this forum or getting a tutor...

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
miss_gtr said:
its not entirely upto the teacher to get you good marks, use the resources u have..... textbooks, notes, study guides etc.
yet a good teacher is still a good catalyst for knowledge (not information) understanding...

however, it's probably a good idea to form a good habit of studying by urself or with friends... work thru the syllabus...

any queries, check up on books, internet etc... if still no answers are found come to bos, do a search on the topic...

if everything fails, make a new thread and ask the rest of us...

Pointy Ears

HSC
Yea, it relly sucks, but now i guess all you can do is depend on yourself to get the marks. And if you really need help on something, u can always ask one of the other science teachers, cos they all have pretty good knowledge of bio. (and if they didnt, then o_0)

Dr_Gorgeous

HSC
I swear our biology teacher is gay. I really don't like him. He is sexist and scary and extremely moody! Not to mention he teaches us basically nothing and expects us to do well! grrrr.....

Riddles

4th Gen. Ford Supporter
good question! u can ask me that if we get there
HSC
Dr_Gorgeous said:
I swear our biology teacher is gay. I really don't like him. He is sexist and scary and extremely moody! Not to mention he teaches us basically nothing and expects us to do well! grrrr.....
that's y i dropped bio, plus he gave us homework and then gave us all the answers before we even left the classroom. how your meant to learn something with a teacher like that is what i wanna know

kim_

I seriously have the worst teachers, the best way to study is just to borrow books from the library and cover your syllabus dot points well.

Alaranth

Man, I am totally in the same boat, in two ways.
We had THE BEST bio teacher EVER in yr 11, but he retired, and we've got a new teacher. She's not terrible, but she keeps missing things, and we only cover half of what we should.
The other way is half way through yr11 our chem teacher got promoted, and we got this new arsehole. He's so horrible, and he's got it in for me too. Out of over 15 girls in yr11, there are 2 left because he is so sexist. The boys were reduced by about half too. I've gone from average 90% to 60%, and before anyone tells me to learn it at home, I can't. That's not how I learn.
So yeah, I totally feel for you.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
My Extension English teacher sucks like crap. But she's also biased favourably towards me when it comes to marking so i'm kind of stuck between hating her shittiness and appreciating her bias.

rawr.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)