Craptastic predicted UAI (1 Viewer)

Hurri

HSC
Trev said:
Hurri: Are you on campus at UQ, if so which one?
St lucia of course. kings..kings...kings.. i should know a few grammar boarders staying there this year. Whacha doing mate?

Trev

stix
HSC
Antler said:
Trev is your friend rural?
I think (not sure) that Port Macquarie is regarded as rural, but some rural entry scheme where you have to work in a rural area for so many years after you finish your degree I know she definately did not choose that. She would rather not get into medicine than have to work in a rural town for so many years after the degree.

Trev

stix
HSC
Hurri said:
St lucia of course. kings..kings...kings.. i should know a few grammar boarders staying there this year. Whacha doing mate?
By on campus I meant at a college, are you?
There's a guy in my block that went to Sunshine Coast Grammar (I think that's it, he was school captain or vice, I forget) and there's this other guy Neil who went to Brisbane Grammar...
Engineering, bleh.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Trev said:
I think (not sure) that Port Macquarie is regarded as rural, but some rural entry scheme where you have to work in a rural area for so many years after you finish your degree I know she definately did not choose that. She would rather not get into medicine than have to work in a rural town for so many years after the degree.
sounds lik rural/regional cohort to me..

they get lower entry marks.... and arent necessarily in bonded places...

the idea is that ppl from regional/rural areas are more likely to return home/ feel more comfortable in their communities..

Hurri

HSC
Trev said:
There's a guy in my block that went to Sunshine Coast Grammar (I think that's it, he was school captain or vice, I forget) and there's this other guy Neil who went to Brisbane Grammar...
Engineering, bleh.
nah man, i'm from brisbane so i dont live on campus. Aha u know neil?! he's one funny guy, sat next to him math B all the time.

HSC
N/A
Dreamerish*~ said:
Any UAI is crap if it can't get you into the course you want.
Wrong... there are many "back ways" into uni.

And maybe if a person doesn't get the UAI they need, it means they shouldn't be doing that course?! Major generalisation I know, but I'll admit I'm from the "shut up and accept whatever UAI you got" camp.

Antler

Custom User Title
HSC
Trev said:
Yep it is rural so her entry is not that amazing, there a rural people in med with mid 80's TERs as it is harder to get a relatively high TER if you are from a rural area as the resources suck.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
glitterfairy said:
Wrong... there are many "back ways" into uni.

And maybe if a person doesn't get the UAI they need, it means they shouldn't be doing that course?! Major generalisation I know, but I'll admit I'm from the "shut up and accept whatever UAI you got" camp.
i think that realli only goes for non-integrated courses... where ur units are normal... like Micro1001... not Science of Medicine 1 = micro, immuno, pathology, anatomy, bio...

the point about back ways..
is lik...u do.. BSc(Psych) for 1 yr... then u transfer to BPsych.. and u get lik close to 100% credits transferred.. so ure essentially in BPsych yr 2.. so u realli dun lose anytime in the long term..

in med or dent because they are integrated its lik.. u do BMedSc... for 2 yrs... u still goto 1st yr Medicine or dent with lik 3/4 or a 90% fulltime load instead.. .. so instead of gettin 27 hrs a week.. ull get lik 24 hrs...
altho if u go from Med -> Med (from 1 school to another).. u can get certain yrs off if they are similar courses or kind.... or u could end up in 1st yr again too..=(

HSC
Trev said:
There's a guy in my block that went to Sunshine Coast Grammar (I think that's it, he was school captain or vice, I forget)
oh .. is his name ben? i'm pretty sure he went to uq

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)