Crash (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
sandra bullock's role could've been better explored ~ she was the high middle class white girl, there could've been much potential in that character.

i liked the issue with the police molestering that chick (i forget her name, its a weird name like therma.. she was in centrestage, crossroads and guess who) and how that unfolded and closed off. it was an iffy problem. she had the right to be angry but wtf could he do? i liked the complexity of the situation, i dunno, something about that really intrigued me.

some bits i didnt quite necessarily agree on, such as clinging onto your husband when you see two black people ~ its not necessarily racist. if you two "white" boys dressed all thuggy, sandra bullock would probably do the same. there are things about that movie that i thought, well no, thats not necessarily a race issue, but i suppose the way they dealt with it was good.

recommended for a dvd night.

wanton-wonton

HSC
I think he means the new one.

Anyway, the fucking persian character wasn't very realistic. As if anyone in their right fucking mind would scream at a locksmith for telling him he needs a new door. Fucking paranoid fucker.

And before any person tells me that 'Oh, it's a movie, it's not meant to be realistic, you're meant to view it for what it's worth.', well, you can shut up.

American History X is another great film. I'd prefer that over Crash.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
yes he was, alot of immigrants don't understand stuff.

'you need a new door'

'well then put a new door in lolz'

'um but im a locksmith'

'WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FAGGOT'

i love that latino guy he's so kind :eek:

nwatts

HSC
Meh, I don't think much of the film. I did when I first saw it, but upon repeat viewings, its flaws are very dramatically realised. It's so unrealistic and self conscious. It feels like a very cheap ripoff of an Anderson/Altman film.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
It's obviously a very sincere and ambitious attempt to address racism, but a movie that deals with real, human issues, it'd need to be inhabited by real, human characters. Unfortunately Paul Haggis doesn't seem to see things the same way, and as a result the film effective exists in his own half-baked anti-racism fantasy world. I mean we get that your movie is about racism, but does it really have to be the sole subject on the minds of every single character 24/7? Quite poor

nwatts

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
i don't think it is shows that racism is consciously on ALL their minds 24/7 but rather how it just blurts out from the subconscious.
Yeah, it seems to blurt from their subconscious 24/7. There's not one frame that is free from some banal comment on racism. There's more to life than unfair discrimination, you know.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
yes but the movie was effective, it wasn't based on life in general, it was based on how easy we fire out racial based stereotypes, and how we underrate the effect it can have on people's lives.

SatanicVoices

humanoid
HSC
i feel someone should support hiphophorary123 i only just saw this movie and regardless of how many things you can find wrong with it the fact is it shows how racism isnt as straight forward as people may think and in the end may just get some people thinking about their view on the world
i can only see that as a good thing

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
It's weird. I just watched the movie today and noticed this thread.

That persian dude fuckin shitted me to no ends!

Great movie....You think that the blank bullets were bought by accident or the chick knew?

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
She knew.. damn that was heart-stopping when the baby was shot though.

dark_wolv

The Member
HSC
and hey another good feature about the movie..... ludacris can act pretty good

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
SatanicVoices said:
i feel someone should support hiphophorary123 i only just saw this movie and regardless of how many things you can find wrong with it the fact is it shows how racism isnt as straight forward as people may think and in the end may just get some people thinking about their view on the world
i can only see that as a good thing
On the contrary, I think Crash presents an incredibly one dimensional thesis on racism. Yes, its premise is that no one's free of prejudice, but by through its cookie cutter characters, it manages to achieve exactly the opposite. These characters aren't your average, well meaning people with some socially inbuilt racial tendencies hidden beneath. In most cases they barely even try to conceal their contempt for people of other races. They're despicable portraits of people that we as the audience find hard to relate with, and more importantly, easy to disassociate ourselves from.

Last edited:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Benny_ said:
On the contrary, I think Crash presents an incredibly one dimensional thesis on racism. Yes, its premise is that no one's free of prejudice, but by through its cookie cutter characters, it manages to achieve exactly the opposite. These characters aren't your average, well meaning people with some socially inbuilt racial tendencies hidden beneath. In most cases they barely even try to conceal their contempt for people of other races. They're despicable portraits of people that we as the audience find hard to relate with, and more importantly, easy to disassociate ourselves from.
Yeah. As I was telling one of my friends the other day, it is the perfect related material for advanced english. ;)

LOL, it was funny how Ludacris put everything in the world down to racism against the blacks. :D

MasterP

Come to Daddy
HSC
nwatts said:
Meh, I don't think much of the film. I did when I first saw it, but upon repeat viewings, its flaws are very dramatically realised. It's so unrealistic and self conscious. It feels like a very cheap ripoff of an Anderson/Altman film.
*nods*

Dialogue was far too... obvious. I prefer a bit of subtlety.

HSC
i saw it today to see what all the fuss was about. but i liked the movie, esp. with its various plotlines, etc. very good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)