creating the nazi totalitarian state?! HELP?! (1 Viewer)

blinkme182

HSC
i have to make a speech for the half yearly on ''how the youth in germany (1933-1939) contributed to or was relevant to the creation of the nazi totalitarian state''. does anyone have any idea?! your help would be awesome!!

hangerm5

HSC
Sorry i cant be of more help to you right now, my notes are 300km away and my mind is overloaded with other junk at the moment. If you are using the text book Republic to Reich see the relevant sections as from memory it is quite a good summary.

Just quickly I would look at the ways in which the nazi state manipulated the youth movements and organisations into being relevant, consider school curriculums as well as outside activities such as league of german maidens and hitler youth etc... You should also consider the youth groups that resisted the supremacy of the nazi state. This way you can argue that whilst youth organisations were an integral part of the existance of totalitarianism that the society wasnt entirely totalitarian while ever it was met with resistance from Youth groups such as the Eidelweiss Pirates et al...

Hope this is remotely useful, sorry its scattered and brief, just wanted to fire off a quick response before bed so i didnt forget...Good luck getting it sorted, if i can clear my thoughts a little sometime soon i will try to get back to you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)