Creating your timetable (1 Viewer)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Angel45 said:
Heya,

For Seminars, like intro to law and torts, you pick a “set”. Whichever A you pick you have to do the corresponding B (listed below it), which is same time/different day. So, u have two days of 2 hr seminars per subject.

Good luck. :p
Thanks!:)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
If i have a lecture from 12-14 and a seminar from 14-16, would there be enough time given by the lecturers for me to get from one class to the next without missing out on anything?
(actually i dont think i cld do 4 hrs of anythin like that without a break)

michelleanne

HSC
ari89 said:
If i have a lecture from 12-14 and a seminar from 14-16, would there be enough time given by the lecturers for me to get from one class to the next without missing out on anything?
(actually i dont think i cld do 4 hrs of anythin like that without a break)
Hi!

Its common practice for lectures to start at around five past and finish approx five minutes early. However, this is not the case all the time but generally most of the time. It really depends on who is taking the class but most lecturers are flexible as though know that students may need to get to their next class.

So there is enough time to get to your next class if you have a staight 4 hour block. If you are still worried you can leave a few minutes early from the lecture to make it to your next class. But I dont think ths is necessary ...... only if your class runs a little late. Also, most uws building are in short walking distance so you should have no problems getting to the next building in a few minutes. If your lucky you could be in the same building.

If you decide to leave a little early you shouldn't miss out on anything important and these day most lecture notes are uploaded to webct. Let the lecturer or seminar leader know that you may be arriving/leaving 5 min early and they can inform you of any important information that may be covered.

Also, it may seem that 4 hours is a long time and you may be thinking how will i get through all that. But most lecturers will break for 5min between the hour and seminars are quite different to lectures as you will have group work and answer/question time as well- so its not talking for two hours.

The key is that you can do classes back to back and most people do. You can walk in and out of lectures and seminars as well to go the bathroom etc.

klh

HSC
wt2005, oy ucan pick tutes ove rlects or lects over tutes in that order, it doesnt matter but many like doing lects before tutes as than your not a week behind. e.g. if you do your lecture, than your tute afterwards will be on the lecture topic; while if you do your tute you do last weeks topic than you do your new topic in the lecture which is for next weks tute.

btw, sorry people about my wrong opinion over seminars, i havent had them and i just thought it was like normal classes. thanks Angel45 for clearing it up...

Datto120

HSC
So let me get this right.
We enrol in all our units now. But we have to wait to febuary to select the tutorials and lectures we wanna do???

Datto120

HSC
http://platformweb.uws.edu.au/pweb_tt/tt/displaysubjects.asp?id=1801&subcode=100965&classgroup=DAY&campus=BA&p=AU&period=Autumn&yr=2007&qsubname=&qsubcode=100965&frompg=search

Me again.
Above is the link for one of my core units timetables. I thought i read somewhere on here that its best to do the lecture before the tutorial or something. So would it be okay if for this i picked the
lecture thurs 16:00 - 17:00 and then
the tutorial thurs 17:00 - 18 :30

There is two different tutorials for that time too :S If u do the lecture with the staff member should u do the tutorial with her too???

wt2005

HSC
N/A
klh said:
wt2005, oy ucan pick tutes ove rlects or lects over tutes in that order, it doesnt matter but many like doing lects before tutes as than your not a week behind. e.g. if you do your lecture, than your tute afterwards will be on the lecture topic; while if you do your tute you do last weeks topic than you do your new topic in the lecture which is for next weks tute.
Thanks for your reply klh.

I think i got my timetable sorted now.

g_dob

HSC
hey ive just been considering my timetable for arts/law, it seems that if i do
into to law mon+thurs and torts tue + fri and leave wed for both arts subjects im going to have to do 5 days a week.... is this a normal number?ive always thought i would have to come in like 3 days, max 4...

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
g_dob said:
hey ive just been considering my timetable for arts/law, it seems that if i do
into to law mon+thurs and torts tue + fri and leave wed for both arts subjects im going to have to do 5 days a week.... is this a normal number?ive always thought i would have to come in like 3 days, max 4...
I'm working on my B Bus/B Laws timetable and i end up with 4 days a week where 2 days have only 2 hr seminar on (the rest are pretty much full.) Try different combinations for hours on end like i'm doing since I'm still trying to elimniate the days with only 1 thing on...

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
This is my timetable atm

its not finished (eg a tutorial is missing)

klh

HSC
its more a preference thna a necessity, people like ot do wolkr for their topic straight away thna leaveit, othe like to have soem time to do mroe study before tutes etc. Same with lecturers/tutors, due to the numbers, they have to have more tutes runnig ot fit, but it depends on personal preference, som electurers some may feel are not as good and like other tutors and vice v ersa.

4 days is normal for some, other swho are lucky can do it in 2 or 3 days, but usually they may attend a night lecture etc. lectures though not really compulsory, usually lecturers dont mind if you turn upo to any of their lectures as long as you learn; but tutorials are compulsory so you have to go. just speak to them and usually you can go to lectures unless they are full.
i had five days in my firs tsemester, it depnds on your timetable and subjects selected...

dynasty

HSC
ari89 said:
This is my timetable atm

its not finished (eg a tutorial is missing)
silly question but how did you get that table for your timetable? I thought you couldn't register until the schools openings dates

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
dynasty said:
silly question but how did you get that table for your timetable? I thought you couldn't register until the schools openings dates
You can see the current timetable however those tutorial/seminar times aren't confirmed as we can't register for them yet. I'm working it out so that I know which ones would be most convenient for me to register for. I think tutorial registration starts on the 29th?

Btw I'm having an enrollment issue...the unit i was having problems with is no longer on the system?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)