Creative writing help (1 Viewer)

Tilly16

HSC
Hi, I have attatched my creative writing piece for the HSC. Please read it because Im happy with it but if i am asked to write a diary entry, feature article etc i dont think it will work. Does anyone have any ideas on how this could be adapted to other forms cause it only really seems to work in this form. Please help-only 3 more days!

VeLdOg

HSC
WOW! that is an excellent narrative..

i've thought about how u could adapt it into diary entires, it is possible however the ending would not be quite right... u could take it from the nurses angle i suppose... like mrs watsoever wok up today thinking she was pregnant.. like it could be a doctors analysis.

but im not quite sure u would get the effect u were after. and with such a strong ending it would be hard to do it in any form.

i practised my creative today and i am happy with it although i think i would find it difficult with another form aswell.

Tilly16

HSC
The nurses angle thing could work, thanks. That might also work for a feature article or interview? Do you think it is likely that we will be asked to write in a specific form though? I hope not because if I have to alter it's form I think it would lose all effect, especially whole repition thing and the ending.

SamTan*06*

All alone in a memory! I was beautiful theeeen....
HSC
I was looking at 2004 and 2005 papers, and only one of them said to write a short story. The other gave 3 headings and said to do a piece of creative writing that fits under that heading. The three headings were:
Journeys of Time
Journeys of Heart
journeys of Landscapes

you would have fitted perfectly with Journeys of Time

Tilly16

HSC
Yeah, the past HSC one's I would have been able to fit it but I was looking a an ETA practice paper and it gave three choice-an interview, feature article and something else just as stupid. Thats what started me freaking out about it! But i think that it is unrealistic that they would give a question like that...I hope!

Tilly16

HSC
Ok, well I have just re-written it as a diary entry. I know its not as good but could someone please read it and tell me if they think it still works or what I should change? Im just working on a letter and a speech now and I'll post them when I'm done. What other formats do you think we would be asked to write in that I should practice? I dont think that we would be asked a feature article or interview.

Tilly16

HSC
I just though of something else, if we are asked to write a letter, is it ok to write a series of letters?

Tilly16

HSC
No actually my HSC is in 2 days! I've accidently selected the wrong year.

Tilly16

HSC
ok, thanks. Do you think the story still works as a diary entry or should I just change it completely, but still keep the general idea? The ending doesnt really work for a diary/letter/speech, but i'd really like to make it work somehow. Any ideas?

duong

HSC
my teacher told me to think in a more deeper level thats what markers are looking for in creative writing and that i should try and write a metaphorical piece is that true??? has any one done that ??

duong

HSC
i do physical journeys!! u don't have to write about it in your creative writng do you ??

duong

HSC
i haven't typed out my story but it goes some thing like this
well i descibed it at first as if the this some one is suffering from some kind of disease or is going thrigh some hard time in its life and want to hide away and stay away from the world he/ she then decides to go into the world but thinks about all the consequence of entering the unknown blah blah blah but it is not until the end that i reveal that this some was a baby deciding and scared of entering the world for the first time
is it ok ???please give some feed back

maskd

HSC
Well considering all 3 focuses (physical, inner and imaginative) do the same first 2 question that it doesn't really matter what type of journey you are writing, as long as it expresses ideas of a JOURNEY, rather than a physical journey. I'm thinking of doing a story that incorporates all 3, even though I have no idea what physical and inner journeys are about, but I have a rough idea just from their names :)

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
Nice story :) The you're and your thing really confused me though... For example here:

You’re children are all in their 40’s.” She chuckles, shaking her head and walking away.

You should say: "your children are all in their 40s"

you're = you are

but besides that, great work!!!

FairyFloss

HSC
Wow that was soo cool, I felt like I was on an acid trip or something. I wish I could write like that =(

cl3nta

HSC
it's a solid piece. What i'd recommend you do however is have several plot lines etc. So in the exam(s), you can choose one and go with it. Believe me, it'll prove to be very useful:)

nathanbalam

Theif
HSC
Creative writing, if not aimed at a diary entry etc. is a great avenue to write concepts of lyrics. emotional and sad stories encompass emotional and rather descriptive language.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)