Creative writing HELP! (1 Viewer)

sychikmoron

arggggggg, I don't know how to study for the creative writing section. I have a dilemma. Should I write a prepared story, or should I just go into the exam and think of a story there? Because everytime I attempt a practice story, I keep thinking what's the point when the stimulus on the day is going to be different. And how do one write a good piece of creative writing about journeys? I need pointers. Any suggestion would be good.

roseysparkles

HSC
This might help;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My English teacher told our class that it would be best to prepare a story or story outline, as if you do get that kind of question in the exam, you will spend most of your time and focus trying to come up with ideas. If you decide to prepare a story maybe gain some inspiration from everyday life? Or people you know? Maybe you could read some childrens books and look at the kinds of things an imaginative journey could encompass?
Hehehe Im doing the imaginative journey too, are you doing journey to the interior? My teacher seems to think its imaginative but i think it is inner. Anyways I hope you can prepare a good story:)

sychikmoron

see one of my friend, she prepared three stories for the creative writing section. but she couldn't use any because the stimulus was completely different. that's why I'm hestitating to write a story. and like, the stimulus can be so broad, and if i write a prepared story, how can i make it broad enough to suit all possible stimulus? I think its impossible. What i'm most worried about is how to write a good piece of creative writing. my teacher's like use metaphors and blahblah, but arggg, its so hard. and if i was suppose to write a prepared one, what should i write about?

hey, but our creative writing piece can be any type of journey can't it? it doesn't have to be imaginative, does it?

fakingtheday

HSC
Just have a concept in your head. For instance the night before my trial i was thinking about what i could do and what they could specify for text type. My idea was a letter from a person's life after it had left their body. So letter or whatever, diary entry, speaking from life to a body. All the details brought themself together in the exam.

sychikmoron

wow! did you get really well for your trials? see, because i generally think of the story in the exam, and usually get ideas from television shows, like once i basically based my story on some cartoon i watched in the morning. I swear, i'm soooo uncreative!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)