Creative Writing Ideas (1 Viewer)

Bricnic

Lookatmy Member
HSC
Post your random ideas for what to write about in the creative writing section.. obviously it will be about journeys, so some sort of journey related material would probably be best. A few of my ideas to get you started:

*An ocean voyage, possibly on a pirate ship or otherwise
*A mountaineering expedition, solo or team
*A trip in a hot air balloon
*A person going insane (inner or imaginative journey here)
*An out of body experience (once again inner/imaginative)
*A road trip
*A jungle trek

Post more! The more ideas the better! :D
P.S. If you're worried about people stealing your idea, then keep your best idea that you will use to yourself, and just post some other ideas here instead.

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
just read the newspaper or something and pretend you're someone else, eg a criminal on trial or someone who's lobbying the govt to do something about the water crisis.

Pretty much anything can be classed as a journey, so it doesnt have to be about driving a car or riding in a boat or something.

NobodyKnows

HSC
DON'T write something along the lines of --

Once upon a time I went on a holiday. I'd just broken up with my boyfriend and I was feeling very sad. My life was so totally not going the way I wanted it to. I got stuck sitting next to a screaming baby/smelly old guy/raving lunatic for the entire plane trip so when we landed I was so ready to get out of there and start having fun, but it turns out that all my bags got sent to Tahiti!! I was really bummed. I got mad. Then I found out that my bags got swapped with the luggage of some guy. He turned out to be really nice and we hit it off straight away. I guess it wasn't such a bad journey at all.

OK, that was very bizarre. But yes, don't write the standard 'goes on a holiday, plane crashes on a desert island, has to learn to fend for self' type thing.

WHY AREN'T I STUDYING?!
lol....

Cpt obvious

HSC
i think i have the worst creative writing piece it is about a guy in an exam trying to think of an original idea to write about after he ponders over ideas he comes up with the idea of writing about not being able to find anything original to write about.

rocky1989

Amatuer Snake Charmer
HSC
i was thinking of doing something like this....but i didn't get around to it

you basically make up a story about you taking a journey with some of your friends. you find your selves stuck in these these weird dark caverns and caves and stuff and then at the end of the story you end up in a toilet and realise you were just a piece of food.

it could work if you only made it obvious right at the end...something original
well i guess it won't be too orignal anymore

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
- the journey of a message in a bottle (physical, imaginary - nautical :p),
- an elevator journey - e.g, what happens between the ninth and tenth floors!?!
(physical, inner - Hitchcock :p),
- a space journey (physical, imaginary),
- a waiting-at-a-bus-stop-for-a-bus-that-will-never-come story (imaginary, inner -
Stoppard, :p)

bboyelement

HSC
Bricnic said:
*An ocean voyage, possibly on a pirate ship or otherwise
dont do this, i did it and just found out my friend did it too and so there will be heaps of ppl with the same idea. its better to be creative and something no one thinks off... not something really obvious. since then i have changed mine... so im not telling you this so i can get away with it..

HSC
If you're stuck don't dream up an idea, I think it's a good idea to use a memory or memories and talk about how you felt then and how you have changed since then. It can be you just thinking. Imaginative and inner, where you grow and have a better understanding of yourself. Or if you want to do physical just talk about some time you went on holiday, like a car trip or a plane trip.

Like ianc said pretty much anything is a journey. If you use a memory you already have a basic outline of a story and you can change it to suit the question. A journey where you are moving isn't really a sophisticated idea, everyone will be doing that one anyway, so doing an imaginative or inner will get you more marks because you can use more sophisticated ideas.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
enlightenment. Any kind will do.

eg.
Zen type
"OMG, I'm actually stupid!"
"OMFG, I'm ugly!"
"OMG, dogs are so cute!"

Anything with a twist, i reckon...

McSo

HSC
You are sitting down trapped in a toilet with no doors or windows and horny as shit. You open the little draw underneath the basin and find a variety of phalic shaped paraphernalia. You have a massive wang but unfortunately your dick is tied around your nutsack so the only way to pleasure yourself is by inserting various objects hoping to poke your love muscle.

Lavenderpup

HSC
goldendawn said:
- a space journey (physical, imaginary),
I did that one. The teacher said is was too complex for a 45min short story :bomb:
because you end up explaining all the technical bits and don't have enough room for plot. blaah.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
- Cave (physical/imaginary, depending on how you want it, descent into madness is a favourite of mine)
- On a warfield (physical, good if you're good at describing 'smells' and setting the scene)
- In front of a door (or is it behind...)
- 30,000 km free fall, without a parachute
- In the mist
- In a dark cell, with a solitary light source
- Murder scene/crime scene

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
McSo said:
You are sitting down trapped in a toilet with no doors or windows and horny as shit. You open the little draw underneath the basin and find a variety of phalic shaped paraphernalia. You have a massive wang but unfortunately your dick is tied around your nutsack so the only way to pleasure yourself is by inserting various objects hoping to poke your love muscle.
Awesome, I'm definately using that one!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)