Creative Writing: Imaginative Journey (1 Viewer)

ajt

HSC
Hey I need to write a creative writing piece (story) on the imaginative journey. I am hopeless at creative writing and need help/ideas on what I could write....
any help would be much appreciated!!:)

cl3nta

HSC
firstly, search this on the forums.. there is SOOOO much stuff about people like yourself asking the same question. To help you out a bit, how about you get some stimulus (anywhere! past papers, your life, things you've seen, things you know alot about, things you're passionate about) and start writing with that in mind. Write some sort of journey and start refining from there.

Also, look at the sample creative pieces on the resources page. Some aren't too shabby. Read some of the English Extension 2 major works to spark some thoughts. Actually, maybe just read something full stop!

Anyways, that's my 2 cents. goodluck :)

teegsb

HSC
What our class did was refined it a little bit and decided to do a journey of the heart, a journey through time, a journey through a certain landscape that type of thing and then built it from there. Try not to think just a story, but it could be through poetry (not recommended if you can't write it!), a letter/s that builds the story, diary entries etc. Good luck!

HSC
my teacher suggeste basing your creative writing piece on a true/historical event, and bring into it related literary references or historical references that make it look as though you know what you're talking about.

alternatively, if you cannot write that, choose a real-life experince of yours and appropriate it slightly.

Mine was a vein of the first, and it worked a treat. i'll post it if i can... on second thoughts, i'll make a short film of it one day.

Cheers,
Glenn.Saunders (formerly MKZaa)

yumcha33

HSC
I just wrote something kinda corny for mine,and i got 14 outta 15.....i did like house burns down and the possesion h takes is family photo's instead of whatever....use lots of descriptive language, so on!

[

shenzei

HSC
N/A
Well my teacher says as long as it has very descriptive language youll do fine.

In a practice question i got 14/15 even though he couldnt understand fully the story, but the language was very descriptive.

Im not sure about this- but what about specualtion of the afterlife?

Crashy19

HSC
i just did my half yearly paper 1 yesty and i wrote about holidays i have had and mixed them all together, then made up a new species of animal to fit into it aswell...

once u have a basis of an idea, the rest should flow pretty well after that

Ged Janet

HSC
hey... flashbacks are generally good for imaginative journey stories...
Just make up any present situation, and then write a flashback the character has, like on their past or a possibility for the future... and then the flashback in their memory becomes the imaginative journey.
Hope that helps.Good luck. :)

cl3nta

HSC
since it's imaginative, you can use postmodernity in structure to illustrate the mind.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
try remember, WHAT your characters is less important than HOW they do it, WHY they do it...a complex plot isn't as important as painting the picture for your reader. :)

greMlin72

Green Zombie
HSC
I'm not doing imaginative, but I create my ideas from reading related texts. What you can do, is....
1) think of a movie or a book that you really enjoyed and analyse why you liked it? Was it emotional? happy? good description...plot etc...
2) then with that, adapt it into a story line.
3) Have you considered a 'dream'? I know it's cliche, and possibly over-used, but try adding to it so it is more than a dream... (does that make sense?)
4) Go online and type up Imaginative Stories...Imaginative Journey Stories...google provides alot of ideas.
I agree with (can't remember name) above who suggested a historiographical context and building it from that (this is my main structure for Ext 2..) but...i find with such a short time frame of writing, you need to focus on a single event and be able to adapt it to many stimulus material.
and ....on the topic of creative writing... can anyone think of an alternate idea for Revenge Tragedy instead of the module? The usual someone killing someone etc is kind-of boring...

Hope this helps
and good luck!

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
You don't even need a dramatic turn of events or anything too out there, sometimes the best stories are the ones that are "close to home" because you're more likely to be familar with it so it would seem like you've done a bit of research and it might make the story more realistic. Could be anything from seeing something from the present that triggers something from the past like your grandma teaching you some sort of lesson. That trigger could then change the way you see things and you're all for the better (or worse) and so on and so forth.

But, whatever tickles your fancy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)