Creative writing in Trials (1 Viewer)

Kezalicious

HSC
I was wondering what text type they had to write in the trial.
Mine was a journey diary and monologue.
Help, I don't really know how to write either. So if they pop up in the HSC I'm a little screwed. haha

Tolrs

HSC
We had to write a letter to one of the composers in section one about a journey we had been on, inspired by their text. That question fucked up alot of people me included but I think I'd be better for it if it came up in the HSC.

I think a journey diary is really common and could quite easily come up in the HSC, i have no idea baout a monologue though. My teacher always said with a journey diary you should try to write about a real journey you have been on, as it makes it easier to convey emotions and all that bs.

ane_st

HSC
Hey Kez :):)... Ok there are some key things to remember when you are writing a monologue or diary entry...

Diary entry
- assume everything has happened - you are writing AFTER an event
- it should be a personal reflection
- put a date on it

Monologue
- you have to assume you have an audience
- address them directly (e.g. ask rhetorical questions) engage the reader
- Give them a scenario or context

Im not sure what else they could ask... A feature article?? Speech?? etc.

Sleiphnir

HSC
N/A
As well as a diary entry texts like feature articles for a magazine about journeys, or a speech to a group of people about your journey etc. (Mine was writing a diary for my trials).
As for the HSC try and have a few different journey texts written out based on something you know. Ie have a story or two that can be adapted to a feature article/diary/speech

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)