• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

creative writing Qs - help!!! (1 Viewer)

Pace_T

HSC
hey all
im in standard english and we have learnt module c and AOS (physical journeys)
the teacher said that there will be creative writing in the upcoming half yearly

my question is, did we have to learn creative writing in class, or are we just tested on it?

also, is it going to be a personal response or short story or something else? or don't we know what its going to be like?

all help is appreciated
thanks

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
TimeAndTide said:
Usually, we can write anything except poetry...

Everyone chooses to write a story. Its the easiest...
I don't think writing a story is the easiest text type. It's especially hard to create powerful imagery when you are often rushing and scribbling in exam conditions. There's the planning, which shouldn't be too hard if you're well prepared. After that you have to show your point. Unless you're lucky enough to have your pre-prepared story suited to the question, it's difficult to do so. You have to be selective in your language so that it is short and relevent, but enough to convey imagery. Practice is the only way to honestly master this.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
you have to write a piece related to the overarching concept of the journey, and if relevant, the specific type of journey you have studied - inner, imaginary etc.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
how can a story text type not be easier than any otehr type that there is?

ideas can be expressed for journeys if you allow yourself to be set int his mode .so really it isnt as hard as you think it is. however, gettign teh general idea for your creative writing might be hard under exam conditions.

however, i advise that you write normally for youor own reflection, such as keep a jor=urnal or something simialr to this. this would or should help you out in your creaive rsponse since it will make youreflect your personal thoughts.

thsi shoudl help under exam conditions sicne you will enjoy writing it, and you would write it as a personal issue. what the markers are really asking for you to do is asking what you think a journey is and what it means to you.

fakingtheday

HSC
for my half yearly i wrote a reflection/story slice of life in which i examined the journey of the world through 1 second. It's just about showing what's actually inside you and what you feel.

HotN'Spicy

HSC
what are sum ideas u can use in creativ writing section for inner journeys?

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
HotN'Spicy said:
what are sum ideas u can use in creativ writing section for inner journeys?
maybe the relationship between a mother and her child...the 'journey through life' thing?? my story basically involves a girl visiting her mother in hospital, where she has cancer and then the girl's kinda reminising about how her mother helped her, supported her and everything.

thats my first idea neways so idk whether its a good one or not. :santa:

Dr_Doom

HSC
Pace_T said:
hey all
im in standard english and we have learnt module c and AOS (physical journeys)
the teacher said that there will be creative writing in the upcoming half yearly

my question is, did we have to learn creative writing in class, or are we just tested on it?

also, is it going to be a personal response or short story or something else? or don't we know what its going to be like?

all help is appreciated
thanks
How can module c be creative writing.. Then you wouldn't need to learn your prescribed + additional texts...

xxPanDa

HSC
i just wanted to know how long its it meant to be?
how many pages
is it meant to be as long as ur other 40 min essays?
or can they be shorter? like 1 or 2 pages?
depending on ur text..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)