creative writing question (1 Viewer)

jmlet

HSC
N/A
creative writing can be ANYTHING right?

i was thinking back to my prelim creative and i got 5 out of 20. average was 7 in the year so LOL hhahah
we had to choose a topic of our creative and i chose emotional journey and wrote some crap about huge titans (yes SNK :3) and the teacher was telling us that it had to be something realistic? not like ufo crashing into the land or anything unrealistic

Shuuya

HSC
Oh gosh I feel :bomb:

Our first English assessment last term was creative and I got 7/10, which was below average and uhhh I just hate creative so much >_<
I think its great that you wrote about huge titans, that's original at least! (Yesss SNK ftw xD) They tell us not to write about high school/love/teenagers etc, but then they also tell us to write about something that we know about... gosh its so hard xD

jmlet

HSC
N/A
Oh gosh I feel :bomb:
They tell us not to write about high school/love/teenagers etc, but then they also tell us to write about something that we know about... gosh its so hard xD
LOL what else is left to even write xD
our teacher is one of the hsc markers (lord shes harsh as hell) and was telling us how she didnt want anyone to write a creative piece on grandparents or something xD

english going downhill

Shuuya

HSC
I know right, I don't know what they can even expect :spzz:
Damn, I've never heard of anyone writing about grandparents hahahahah xD

Our fate is sealed, and there is no escape. I think I've dropped about 50 ranks from that first assessment :lol:

jmlet

HSC
N/A
I know right, I don't know what they can even expect :spzz:
Damn, I've never heard of anyone writing about grandparents hahahahah xD

Our fate is sealed, and there is no escape. I think I've dropped about 50 ranks from that first assessment :lol:
LOL have no clue about anything that goes on in class XD maybe i'm just listening to wrong info

at least you're not last in the cohort LOL achievement unlocked hahha (its actually really sad to be last lol too sad actually...)

leehuan

HSC
Actually, for some reason the markers hate fantasy themes and want you to make your story to a decent amount, realistic.

For my creative I just wrote about a girl who hated luxury life. Hey, the discovery could be anything.
_________

Also, wrong section of the forum to post this.

Shuuya

HSC
Haha that's to be expected, its English after all ;)

I'm slowly reaching the bottom though, I was ranked 8th at one stage WHUT.... look at me now xD (it'll all be ok :D)

Shuuya

HSC
Actually, for some reason the markers hate fantasy themes and want you to make your story to a decent amount, realistic.

For my creative I just wrote about a girl who hated luxury life. Hey, the discovery could be anything.
I wrote about some person finding out that they were betrayed, but then the marker was like 'Where's the discovery?' :blink2:

leehuan

HSC
I wrote about some person finding out that they were betrayed, but then the marker was like 'Where's the discovery?' :blink2:
That doesn't sound like a strong discovery.

A good discovery in a creative will utilise at least THREE elements of the rubric, on top of being clear.

For my discovery creative I based it off finding a new life to live, however instead of making it immediately transformative I slowly built it up so that it was partially, however nonetheless quite carefully planned out. Essentially the persona gained a renewed perception of the world around her. Just to spice things bit, at the end many new ways of thought were stimulated about life as a direct consequence.

Shuuya

HSC
Yep, it was a pretty bad story too xD

Wow, I hope I can do that kind of thing by the time I have to do my HSC :)

leehuan

HSC
Yep, it was a pretty bad story too xD

Wow, I hope I can do that kind of thing by the time I have to do my HSC :)
A tiny story:

I started rank 1 in English, because I killed a module B essay. Then I completely fucked up a module A speech coming last and got dropped to 28/58. Then it went 38 -> 30 -> 22.

Incidentally, the two things that boosted my ranks were discovery. Esp paper 1 of the trials. I struggled for ages to think up a plot but after some inspiration from a certain anime (rather than trying to put a bit added focus on it despite original storyline) I finally had a starting point. Once you have a starting point, you can picture a story out from there.

The rubric points are for you to include as you progress.

Shuuya

HSC
A tiny story:

I started rank 1 in English, because I killed a module B essay. Then I completely fucked up a module A speech coming last and got dropped to 28/58. Then it went 38 -> 30 -> 22.

Incidentally, the two things that boosted my ranks were discovery. Esp paper 1 of the trials. I struggled for ages to think up a plot but after some inspiration from a certain anime (rather than trying to put a bit added focus on it despite original storyline) I finally had a starting point. Once you have a starting point, you can picture a story out from there.

The rubric points are for you to include as you progress.
Nice! I hope I can pick up my rank after half yearlies :D

Which anime, may I ask? xD

I haven't really read the rubric, which is probably something I should do soon :lol:

leehuan

HSC
Nice! I hope I can pick up my rank after half yearlies :D

Which anime, may I ask? xD

I haven't really read the rubric, which is probably something I should do soon :lol:
SAO. Rofl.

Oh gawd. Best do that ASAP. Rubric is like a maths formula, important as fuck, except the latter they actually give you in exams now.

Shuuya

HSC
SAO. Rofl.

Oh gawd. Best do that ASAP. Rubric is like a maths formula, important as fuck, except the latter they actually give you in exams now.
Nice xD Still watching season 2 hehe

I seem to keep delaying all the important stuff :lol:

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
English flames me so hard not even funny
I hope i can maintain mid rank or i'm fked

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)