Creative Writing - Script (1 Viewer)

ArtOfLosing

HSC
If I am writing a script for a creative writing piece (not in an exam) do I need to include camera directions and such?

I have a really good plot/concept for a story but in my head I see it working better as a movie so I thought I could do a script instead of a straight narative...

Does anyoune have a good example for layout and such if I do end up writing a script?

Thanks,
Anita

BronwynKate

HSC
SCENE 1

INT. CLASSROOM

ANITA walks in.

She meets her classmates SALLY and ANNETTE.

The girls wave.

Closeup on the three best friends.

SCENE 2

EXT. The quadrangle

PAN

CUT

The end.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Scriptwriters for movies generally don't include exact camera angles unless they are both writer and director, but you could probably go with either, just be warned that if you want to use the camera angles to effect you probably aren't going to be able to do things grammatically. For example, in "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid":

cut to
BUTCH, streaking, diving again, then up, and the bullets landing around him aren't even close as
cut to
SUNDANCE, whirling and spinning, continuing to fire and
cut to etc.

Its probably easier for you to take it easy on the technical directions, and deal with the character dialogue and actions, and perhaps just refer to changes of scene. Bronwyn Kate's is an appropriate one, and here's another example I found from the net:
http://www.charmedscripts.tv/charmed_noir.htm.

Porcia

HSC
look at scripts from capote, etc - famous movies... if u go to google n search "movie scripts" some sites offer u free scripts for whole famous movies! - learn from copying

HSC
N/A
*heart attack*

NOOOOOO!

"Copy" is a heathen word that should be burnt!!! NEVER TRY TO LEARN SOMETHING BY COPYING WORD FOR WORD! IT'S CALLED PLAGUARISM!!!

*calms down*

Learn by inspiration... if you see something you like, try to write something *like* it. But the moment you start copying word for word (or even setting out with that general idea) then you are in trouble - in uni they'll fail assessments for plaguarism, I think it'd be something similar for HSC assessments.

Porcia

HSC
oh no i didnt mean copy what is being said - but copy the formatting of the script... she said she already has a good story and stuff but wants to know the format/layout... so why not copy/learn from the pros

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)