Creative writing section (1 Viewer)

kooltrainer

HSC
I've noticed most creative writing pieces involve some sort of transformation or change in perspective in the protagonist- To really show the impacts the journey had on them..
And as such, they usually have a happy ending..

My question is whether we can write an effective journey piece that doesnt necessarily involve a happy ending or self realisation or epiphany.

i've read a band 6 story using first person to describe the emotions of a tiger (or lion or anything that has paws and cubs) which is being attacked by a fire (intended or not).. The tiger got separated from her cubs and later when she comes back, she found her home burnt to pieces. She then lies down and closes her eyes.. It was a really good story with good control of voice and language.. the plot was good too.. It however, didnt end happily. its not really a transformation or change in pespective of the tiger.. (maybe there is, a little)

I mean, any story can be a journey .. a story about someone getting followed/stalked then in the end, gettin killed is also a journey story right.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
My creative writing piece doesn't have a happy ending.
Why should it have to?
not all journeys end well.

ryu hayobusa

HSC
wow... lol. hmmm the comment i was given in my practice story was...'explore inner journey'.. heh

ryu hayobusa

HSC
i really suck at english but this is a peice of my 'story'

“… Rebirth of humanity was given a second chance by this sanitary world; however we mirror the nature of past generations warring for power and resources. Our failure to appreciate the land accustomed to us returned a heavy cost. Now our land is further stained by blood and tainted by violence, our existence at the brink of extinction, and our continuation at a desperate stand against overwhelming odds. As for now the state is under military government and again our marines are at war, this time fighting for everyone’s sake! For everyone’s survival…”
then i move onto either first person or through a narrator exploring a journey of a soldier deployed into the military by force.. so yeh.

if some1 good in english can.. analyse and critisize me on what im missing and lacking.. that would be good

munchiecrunchie

HSC
i'd say just do what they want.

give them the sloppy story with some kinda of personal gain and the happy ending and get it over with - don't take the risk (unless you are a really talented writer)

wendus

krawr.
HSC
they also like subtlety in your plot so don't make it really explicit like 'so she was englightened at the end of this journey thus the imaginative journey fosters growth'

ryu hayobusa

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
Worst ending possible:

And then I woke up and it was all just a dream.
LOLOL

hmm so.. ok personal gain.. or some sort of transformation. ty

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
Worst ending possible:

And then I woke up and it was all just a dream.
Yes, true, its not only cliched, it doesn't really show the understanding of journey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)