• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

creative writing tasks (1 Viewer)

jebemti

HSC
Hi,

First lesson back this year my new teacher tells me that we should have already worked on creative writing for journeys. However our class did not and if anyone could just suggest some ideas how to begin it and what to write about??
So far one of my ideas for the story is to be a normal person which gets disabled and learns etc is that any good??

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Do NOT go into the exam with a pre-planned response. Theoretically, you can be asked for ANY text type from a short story to a letter, news report or interview (you could even be asked for a song or poem, but it's difficult to get rhythm and meter right in forty minutes). If you have a pre-planned answer and you're asked for something that it doesn't fit into, you're screwed.

Instead, go in with a few themes relating to Journeys that you want to explore. Make sure there's more than one because if one doesn't work, you can work with a second.

jebemti

HSC
ok thanks

what do you mean by differing themes can you please give me an example of different ones which i could take in?

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Look to your texts for some inspriation. For example, if you studied Michael Gow's Away, you'll see the theme is a journey as a healing agent. The creative writing section is no different to the rest of the exam in that it's asking you to tell what you have learned about journeys. The only difference is that you have to put it in a different context. I can give you ideas for themes, but it would be better if you looked at your texts because that's where the themes you'll be able to best write about will be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)