Creative Writing Tips Please!! (1 Viewer)

shona99

HSC
I have my creative writing half yearly tomorrow! Any advice on how to tackle creative writing, other than doing examples and writing practice pieces. Also any tips on how to approach the given stimulus?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

astroman

HSC
why are you making it up on the spot, bad idea. Prepare it beforehand next time and remember it by heart.

shona99

HSC
Yeah I guess you're right. But I have comprehension and Shakespeare, but they're of equal value so yeah I guess you're completely right. Thanks for the advice

ActuallyGracie

HSC
This is a bit late, but astroman recommended to memorize beforehand? That's such a bad idea. I'm one of the people who always has good marks when it comes to creative writing, and I've never done that unless our teacher has forced us to submit something before the actual exam. More often than not, there's stimuli that you have to incorporate into the story, so don't memorize it word by word, just think of an idea and work around that and the stimuli. You'll be more flexible that way.

teridax

HSC
N/A
This is a bit late, but astroman recommended to memorize beforehand? That's such a bad idea. I'm one of the people who always has good marks when it comes to creative writing, and I've never done that unless our teacher has forced us to submit something before the actual exam. More often than not, there's stimuli that you have to incorporate into the story, so don't memorize it word by word, just think of an idea and work around that and the stimuli. You'll be more flexible that way.
come back with your state rank against the majority of people who memorise their creative and then tell us whether your method of writing spontaneously is more valid than having a mouldable and adaptable creative prepared beforehand :p

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)