• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Creative writing (1 Viewer)

animal-alphabet

HSC
So my problem is I have no idea where to start. In the half yearlies I went in there with no idea wat I was going to write about and I did terribly, so I would like to have some direction to follow for the creative writing section. Anybody got any suggestions where to get ideas from/ where to start? Im really lost for this part of AOS!

leesel1989

HSC
Well for the creative writing section of the AOS u need to know ur rubric for which journey u r doing (eg physical etc).U can have a story already planned before ur HSC and all u have to do is adapt it to the question!Don't freak out just know ur rubric and a storyline and u will be fine!

Leesel

animal-alphabet

HSC
Yes I know that, but I'm having trouble thinking of a story to write about. I dont want it to be the typical cliche story and want something that stands out but nothing is coming to mind!!

HSC
make up something like you are coming on boat [crossing the red sea]
and that theres alot of problems
??????

adrenaline rush

Schoolies 1-18/Dec/06
HSC
Also with something that's really predictable- don't do some angsty-teenage suicide story. I've read some of the past band 6 responses and there are two types of story that get the marks: the really descriptive story about feelings, and the simple, funny story with a really good twist at the end.

Plan it well before the HSC. What worked for me was that i just started writing a story without thinking about the journeys topic. Chances are it'll relate, even remotely is fine. I had mine set well before the trial, and memorised it word for word so i could just reiterate it on the day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)