Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

maybelle6

HSC
Has anyone got any good ideas for a creative writing story, based on a physical journey.. we have trials on monday and i am so lost!!!
Thanks guys

h8hsc

HSC
Does everyone have the english paper 1 on Monday 6 Aug ???!

Ahhhhh......... i tottally don't know what to do for creative writting.

I guess anything unique will do ?

Sooj

HSC
You could always do a poem, make it sound real deep and intriguing, and it takes like, 15 minutes max.

rbriefrel

HSC
Poetry viewed poorly by markers because it is usually rushed crap. You just have to write about a journey - any journey. Think about a life journey of a relative/friend eg: grandparent:)

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
Yep unique definately.

Perhaps do something really emotional and deep.. like.. a group of teens on a bus, of all different stereotypes ie a 'prep', a 'goth', a 'jock' et al.. bound by the common interest of a dead mutual friend. Angst it up... need ideas? Salingers The catcher in the rye.

Oh and shh... but they love it when you do post modern things like stream of consciousness fragments and end it with 'And then he woke up'.

;)

h8hsc

HSC
post modern ??

damn...

any good ideas for that ??..

beentherdunthat

HSC
Remember the K.I.S.S rule, people
Keep it Simple Stupid!!!
Believe me, the english teachers can't be fucked to imagine. Don't get too much symbolic !!! From my experience, the ones in which I wrote in the most simple sentences, I got the most marks - :) 14/15 in fact.

---dree

HSC
word of warning (if u weren't already aware):

AVOID WRITING ABOUT ANGSTY TEENAGE SHIT or overdoses, suicide, abuse etc

and NEVER end with 'and then they woke up'

an endless number of students do that every year, and markers dont appreciate it.
you want your story to be different in some way, stand out, make it unique and you'll get those marks.

...this advice has been drilled into my head by my english teacher who's been a hsc marker for 4 years and sick of reading the same shit over and over again

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)