Creative Writing. (1 Viewer)

tabbaa

HSC
:) :) Hi People. I'm stuck on what to prepare for the HSC creative writing task.
Can people submit some writing so i ccan get an idea of what/how to write and how I compare to the state.

Shank you:) :)

=)lisa

whatdoyoumeanitalksofast?
HSC
tabbaa said:
:) :) Hi People. I'm stuck on what to prepare for the HSC creative writing task.
Can people submit some writing so i ccan get an idea of what/how to write and how I compare to the state.

Shank you:) :)
lol im stuck too
and trials are in two weeks.
eek

Trib49

HSC
Yeah i'm stuck too, i can't write anything at all interesting. Just not creative enough.​

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Write about something that really happened to you because it's much easier than making something up like "How I was pregnant and..." or "My journey through the HSC was..."

Just.Snaz

HSC
Forbidden. said:
Write about something that really happened to you because it's much easier than making something up like "How I was pregnant and..." or "My journey through the HSC was..."
No, don't write about "my journey through HSC was..." Its unoriginal and a pathetic attempt. Teachers will have seen this 3439758375 times and it defeats the whole purpose of a 'creative writing'.

But beside that, what Forbidden said was right; write about something that happened to you or something that you really love. Because only YOU will be able to appreciate it to its fullest, know it back to front and write so brilliantly about it.

Good luck

Celestial Kitty

HSC
For this question it says i can use any form of writing i was thinking maybe feature article?anyone got any ideas? help would be appreciated

A popular teenage magazine is searching for a collection of young people’s imaginative
writing to be placed in a section of their next issue called Journeys through life.
Compose ONE piece of writing to contribute to Journeys through life based on both ONE
quote AND also ONE image from the following page

.(didnt include the pics or quote just wanna know what form of writing i should use)

wendus

krawr.
HSC
Forbidden. said:
that is true. but do add some creative flair to it + all the stuff about being enlightened at the end of your journey, etc.

Lazo

HSC
for anyone stuck..
try using the resources on here
not to plaigarise but to get an idea ;)

vmoore

HSC
Celestial Kitty said:
For this question it says i can use any form of writing i was thinking maybe feature article?anyone got any ideas? help would be appreciated

A popular teenage magazine is searching for a collection of young people’s imaginative
writing to be placed in a section of their next issue called Journeys through life.
Compose ONE piece of writing to contribute to Journeys through life based on both ONE
quote AND also ONE image from the following page

.(didnt include the pics or quote just wanna know what form of writing i should use)

if you are confident in writing a feater article, i recommend that. prety much EVERYONE will do a story and if can offer a strong feater article it will stnad out. if you are thinking feater article but you rnt strong or never done one before, id say story. but it would be nice to get some practice and do it.

sethaneath

HSC
hey everyone!!
i need help on creative writting, i have wrote about 3 pieces of creative so far and have failed badly.
anybody got sample of high range answer to share. please help

HSC
just write about something you are familiar with or enjoy writing about.

if you do that, the chances are you would be able to write more and make it a lot more 'creative',

it would be good though if you have some sort of creative writing script prepared so then you can just adopt your story to the quote, stimulus etc.

m00

HSC
do you think its a good idea to have a really serious plot then twist it into the end with a bit of humour? would it defeat the purpsoe of the 'journey' idea.

my story is basically really serious until the last line and his journey basically dies there. hard to explain lol
do you think you could get marked down for that? or can you get marked up for creativity?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
m00 said:
do you think its a good idea to have a really serious plot then twist it into the end with a bit of humour? would it defeat the purpsoe of the 'journey' idea.

my story is basically really serious until the last line and his journey basically dies there. hard to explain lol
do you think you could get marked down for that? or can you get marked up for creativity?
i think its the kind of thing that could either work really well or really badly depending on the all over quality of your use of language/story.

N

Nicola1616

firstly I totally empathise - whenever I try to think up a journey story it starts with a guy in the desert, and then he ... walks a bit ... and then ... well that's pretty much it.

So the other day I went to the Op-shop and got 3 national geographic for 50 cents each - score!! And I went through them with the explicit task of finding something I could use to help someone write a story and I thought it was fantastic. I'm not saying use these ideas if they don't suit but maybe you could try the same thing - try any sort of old mag. a fishing mag an old readers digest anything but you don't want a creative story cause the impulse to use too much of it would be too strong you just need a 'seed' of an idea. Anyway I found some stuff which gave me these ideas (Cool thing is that there is research to support a story of a different culture, society whatever):

1. article about a group of impoverished squatters on the outskirts of Delhi, India, who have no water but live in the shadow of a huge pipe which carries water to the city. They survive by using the water from little leaks in the pipe - gave me an idea (as yet unformed) about one of the squatter deciding to follow to pipe with the idea of finding a better life - some nice symbolism of water as renewing life.

2. a very descriptive article about Mars and thought it would be a great story in the sci-fi genre about a new colony or something. Coincidentally, I heard on the news a couple of days ago that it's snowing on Mars so you could Google that too. It had some great descriptive language that would be inspiring to help realistically set the scene like "The world unfolding in front of him was not, as he put it, "your mother's Mars" it was as if he had scaled its Everest-dwarfing heights, slogged across its frosty dunes, felt the sting of its dust storms, and shaken the fine sand out of his boots - he confessed that this Mars shocked him" and so forth.

3. one about 'Jewel Scarab beetles' described as June Bugs with panache. They are loosing their habitat to farming land and I thought it could be about a young scarab beetle leading a colony (if that's what you call a group of scarab beetles) to a new area of forest. Again some lovely description that you could adapt like:'At night, when the metallic scarabs fly into light, it's as if stars are falling from the sky".

4. So scarab beetles aren't for you? What about Namibian bushman - south africa's first people; "reduced to servitude in the land that was once their ancestor's domain, South Africa's 85,000 Bushman fight to win back a foothold along with their pride." Apparently the can't hunt anymore cause land is dwindling around them into farms and tourist game reserves and hunting is a huge part of male pride (great description about how they kill and antelope and smear the blood on their legs) and I thought of a story about a bushman, maybe he's dying, maybe he's not (who knows?) who takes one last journey of pride to hunt an antelope - or a scarab beetle!! No better not mix them up. One says: "There is no wildlife left around here, even the hares are hunted out. There used to be much game here, when my grandfather was a boy. But the farmers who live nearby have fenced the land ... they can arrest you and throw you in jail. Our old life is gone".

5. Apparently the Gaza Strip and the West Bank territiories have not always been plagued by fighting between Israeli and Palsetinian people. 40 years ago a pile of letters was uncovered in a cave in the Judaean desert on the southern fringe of the West Bank. The letters tell the story of the life of Babatha, a 2nd century Jewish woman. She apparently describes Jews and Arabs coexisiting in harmony and even attending each others religious festivities. Could be a story in there (I google more info on the letters) or even a juxtaposition of two stories one about Babatha who journeys to an Arab festival and another about a modern descendent who flees for her life.

I could go on and on but I must be boring you all - anyway check out a mag.

Triple777ER

Vamos Rojas
HSC
I suggest writing from your personal experience because you know what its like and you can convey the message in a subtle manner.

Courtz147

HSC
im stuck too, but mi english teacher told me that if you did good in a creative peice in either your half yearly or trial, then just use that one, and manipulate it to the question at hand,...:uhhuh:

2S1D3

HSC
Nicola1616 said:
firstly I totally empathise - whenever I try to think up a journey story it starts with a guy in the desert, and then he ... walks a bit ... and then ... well that's pretty much it.

So the other day I went to the Op-shop and got 3 national geographic for 50 cents each - score!! And I went through them with the explicit task of finding something I could use to help someone write a story and I thought it was fantastic. I'm not saying use these ideas if they don't suit but maybe you could try the same thing - try any sort of old mag. a fishing mag an old readers digest anything but you don't want a creative story cause the impulse to use too much of it would be too strong you just need a 'seed' of an idea. Anyway I found some stuff which gave me these ideas (Cool thing is that there is research to support a story of a different culture, society whatever):

1. article about a group of impoverished squatters on the outskirts of Delhi, India, who have no water but live in the shadow of a huge pipe which carries water to the city. They survive by using the water from little leaks in the pipe - gave me an idea (as yet unformed) about one of the squatter deciding to follow to pipe with the idea of finding a better life - some nice symbolism of water as renewing life.

2. a very descriptive article about Mars and thought it would be a great story in the sci-fi genre about a new colony or something. Coincidentally, I heard on the news a couple of days ago that it's snowing on Mars so you could Google that too. It had some great descriptive language that would be inspiring to help realistically set the scene like "The world unfolding in front of him was not, as he put it, "your mother's Mars" it was as if he had scaled its Everest-dwarfing heights, slogged across its frosty dunes, felt the sting of its dust storms, and shaken the fine sand out of his boots - he confessed that this Mars shocked him" and so forth.

3. one about 'Jewel Scarab beetles' described as June Bugs with panache. They are loosing their habitat to farming land and I thought it could be about a young scarab beetle leading a colony (if that's what you call a group of scarab beetles) to a new area of forest. Again some lovely description that you could adapt like:'At night, when the metallic scarabs fly into light, it's as if stars are falling from the sky".

4. So scarab beetles aren't for you? What about Namibian bushman - south africa's first people; "reduced to servitude in the land that was once their ancestor's domain, South Africa's 85,000 Bushman fight to win back a foothold along with their pride." Apparently the can't hunt anymore cause land is dwindling around them into farms and tourist game reserves and hunting is a huge part of male pride (great description about how they kill and antelope and smear the blood on their legs) and I thought of a story about a bushman, maybe he's dying, maybe he's not (who knows?) who takes one last journey of pride to hunt an antelope - or a scarab beetle!! No better not mix them up. One says: "There is no wildlife left around here, even the hares are hunted out. There used to be much game here, when my grandfather was a boy. But the farmers who live nearby have fenced the land ... they can arrest you and throw you in jail. Our old life is gone".

5. Apparently the Gaza Strip and the West Bank territiories have not always been plagued by fighting between Israeli and Palsetinian people. 40 years ago a pile of letters was uncovered in a cave in the Judaean desert on the southern fringe of the West Bank. The letters tell the story of the life of Babatha, a 2nd century Jewish woman. She apparently describes Jews and Arabs coexisiting in harmony and even attending each others religious festivities. Could be a story in there (I google more info on the letters) or even a juxtaposition of two stories one about Babatha who journeys to an Arab festival and another about a modern descendent who flees for her life.

I could go on and on but I must be boring you all - anyway check out a mag.
Hey thanks a lot for that, nice approach and gave me a lot of ideas to work with :)

taylapropst

HSC
yeaa i am stuck too

its soo retarded
but definately do not listen to that guy that said to write about a personal experience.
all of the teachers at school said not to write about something like that
they also told us not not write about war or some sort of sad story like emo stories as they wont get you very good makes.

i hope that helps out a bit more !

thank god in less then a month this is all over!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)