creative writing (1 Viewer)

lollylover

HSC
I really don't like my story idea. It's about this adopted girl who goes back to the country where she came from, and even though she looks like everyone, she can't understand them, nor they her because of the language barriers.
It's just the idea, and I've been doing all these practices, adapting it around different stimulus, but i still find faults in it everywhere.
It got a 12/15 for the trials, and my teacher keeps telling me that it's good, but I'm just not happy with it.
Any ideas?

Apex

HSC
Seems very cliche to me nubling. How about putting a twist on it, i.e make her a Jew entering 1941 Germany.

Macdwg

Professional Mad Lad
HSC
Unless you include incredibly sophisticated language in your writing and you have 'flair' then you will never achieve 14-15. It's just how it works. You should be happy with a 12, most people can't get above 10s and 11s. Creative writing is the place where i feel most top students lose marks, i mean those who can write really good essays in the other sections.

raniaaa

:)
HSC
heyy that sounds like a really good story line. shows belonging heaps :eek:
is it written in past/present tense? first/second/third person? maybe change one of them if it's bugging you.. but plotwise i reckon it'd be good :)

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
OR, be creative during the exam and use the stimulus to actually stimulate something new. That's the idea of it. Not to just go in with a prepared piece.

But always remember to put in the unexpected twist.

4theHSC

HSC
I really don't like my story idea. It's about this adopted girl who goes back to the country where she came from, and even though she looks like everyone, she can't understand them, nor they her because of the language barriers.
It's just the idea, and I've been doing all these practices, adapting it around different stimulus, but i still find faults in it everywhere.
It got a 12/15 for the trials, and my teacher keeps telling me that it's good, but I'm just not happy with it.
Any ideas?
well if your not happy with it, u can always give it to me, I got 8/15 for the creative... now why does it matter if you don't like it? creative writing sucks...

munchiecrunchie

HSC
i think you've got a brilliant story idea OP.

perhaps focus on the different settings and highlight how different they are to the adopted girl. Good descriptions, dialogue and flair should do it.

MsGraduee92

HSC
Man I wish I could get 12/15 .... I would be ecstatic - my average is like 7's or 8's for english.

That sounds like a really good writing idea - wish I could think of something like that :(

Gotta do creative writing tomorrow and im not ready :( O well ill just wing it :D

Good Luck to everyone xx

joben

HSC
12 aint bad i usually get 10 or 11 for creative. I'd wouldn't feel too bad if i got 12 for my hsc creative...

Cloesd

HSC
Any ideas?
I get an average of 13/15 for my creative responses.

I say this is a brilliant plot, though as post 3 said, language and flare is going to need to be made your bitch.

jonjoony

HSC
Stop complaining lol mine was the queerest story ever. It's about love and has some loner in it who tries to act different to impress people bla bla

Bootawa_Boy

HSC
lol my story got 6/15 in trial but the hsc one was alot better about father son move to a farm cause his um died and it brings em together but then the dad dies but then it rainn and the drought is over

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)