• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

credit average (2 Viewers)

craz

HSC
I'm looking into transferring next year into education and there's a whole lot on going through VTAC if you want to go to a different uni in the same state. However, I don't have that problem as I want to switch within the same uni. During the 1st year, people are always switching across (a very common thing in the BA!) and 50% is your UAI or ENTER and the other 50% being 1st semester marks.

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
I need credit average this yr - or, more specifically - 'credit average across the board. From what I understand, its just they say it, 'average', e.g. got 2 P's 2 C's last semester, this semester I'll need (I think) - 3's C's, and no less.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
If calculated on GPA awards alone, then you'll need 2 Credits and 2 Distinctions to attain a perfect Credit average (GPA 5.00). However, if they use the WAM (your subject marks out of 100) then it'll be a bit different.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
...I don't quite follow your reasoning, but I'll explain what I said.

I'm taking the average of all marks across the 2004 academic year for bluesky (assuming she's a first year with all subjects weighted equally). Now she already has 2 Passes and 2 Cedits, giving a GPA of 4.5, yes? If this semester she got 2 Credits and 2 Distinctions her semester GPA would be 5.50 - her overall GPA would then be [4.50 + 5.50] ÷ 2 which is 5.00, an exact Credit average.

monzi

HSC
Transfering to UTS

Is it true that UTS Dont take your UAI into consideration when selecting? I was reading the website and it said something about first year results, personal statement or questionnaire being taken into consideration and relevant work experience.

Is this true?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)