credit average (1 Viewer)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
yeah hatty ... i was getting 90%s and stuff in high school easy... but uni's different...

here's an idea of the workload...
think of a HSC subject, now think of the hardest bits understanding that subject... times that by two ..... and then this would constitute the easiest parts of a typical uni subject.. and then it gets harder as time goes on. Added to this.. you have 3 months to learn your subject.

if you worked diligently, you would summarise 4-6 chapters of a textbook a week, as well as doing assessments and weekly tasks.

Of course no one does this, I got a High distinction for psychology in first semester and high credits for marketing and statistics. For statistics i didn't goto any of my lectures, learnt the course doing my weekly tasks and doing past papers, marketing... i summarised the book omg i wish i did that with my subjects this semester! and with psychology... i didn't got any of the lectures either and just listened to lectures on tape.

With uni... it's not easy to pass but at the same time... it is hard.

Last edited:

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Dunno, depends how smart you are

I didnt do any work during semester (cept for assignments) and crammed at exam period and I got 3 74's and a 73 last sem... I do B Business/B Computing at UTS... You'll easily get a C average

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Merethrond said:
Come to Newcastle University. I think they mark easy:D!
HA!!!
We have one of the highest/heaviest/hardest workloads of any of the Uni's!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
HA!!!
We have one of the highest/heaviest/hardest workloads of any of the Uni's!
Really? Where did you hear that from:)?

Maybe I should change what I said to, "Come to Newcastle University. I think they mark easy in the Business Faculty:D!"

mishka

HSC
N/A
i just can't wait to start something new, new people to meet, new subjects... stuff that will actually be relevant, none of this stoopid journey stuff!!! :)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I struggled to barely make a C average last semester. And it's not as if I didn't do the work either. My degree is very englishy, essay-intensive and it's not easy to get HDs that way.

And I did really well in my hsc (>90), so don't expect your uni results to be reflective of your hsc. It's a whole different ball game.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Lundy said:
I struggled to barely make a C average last semester. And it's not as if I didn't do the work either. My degree is very englishy, essay-intensive and it's not easy to get HDs that way.

And I did really well in my hsc (>90), so don't expect your uni results to be reflective of your hsc. It's a whole different ball game.
That is because essays are impossible to get high marks in:(.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
People who always get high marks in essays are either a) freakishly talented, or b) they have way too much time on their hands.

As it is, I have too many assignments to be able to spend that much time working on each one. I can't possibly pull in great marks for everything if I have everything coming at me at once and I'm struggling just to get it all finished.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
credit average isnt much of a problem, actually, usually 40% of the students in any course tend to get CR aver. DN aver. is less common but its quite popular still. HD aver. is rare but not impossible. BTW does ppl who get a WAM of 85+ usually recieve a university medal?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Merethrond said:
That is because essays are impossible to get high marks in:(.
I got 89 in my major psych essay last semester. Still can't figure out how though.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't know how the medals work across uni's, but in the commerce faculty at UNSW, you get a University Medal if you graduate with honours, and in your honours year you get 90+ for your thesis + other subject

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
I have a credit average and I fuck around

a lot (i do comm/law at macq)

It's do-able. When it comes time to do a bit of work, remember; study smarter, not harder. ;)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
I got 89 in my major psych essay last semester. Still can't figure out how though.
Nice:).

Minai said:
I don't know how the medals work across uni's, but in the commerce faculty at UNSW, you get a University Medal if you graduate with honours, and in your honours year you get 90+ for your thesis + other subject
That is the same as Newcastle too, but there is also other criteria that you must fulfil, i.e. not academic:). I wonder how many people get it per year:)?

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
i think getting a credit avg is actually easy....just.....turn up 2 lectures n do ur weekly stuff....n u'll find a C avg on ur report...!!!
......but i reckon if u want a challenge, u shud aim for a distinction or more.....then it will be fun!! :p

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
elizabethy said:
i think getting a credit avg is actually easy....just.....turn up 2 lectures n do ur weekly stuff....n u'll find a C avg on ur report...!!!
......but i reckon if u want a challenge, u shud aim for a distinction or more.....then it will be fun!! :p
A High Distinction average is too hard! Once you miss one of them you can never make it back up:(.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I still haven't achieved a HD in anything. Either I'm pathetic, or it's extremely hard. I think it's a bit of both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)