Credit points (1 Viewer)

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
Hi everyone, it's been ages since I've posted here (as the helpful reminder is informing me), I've had some pretty heavy stuff happen in my family and uni's been sooo far from my mind. Till this morning.
Somehow I've managed to run out of credit points when enrolling this morning, and I can't enroll in any more units. I was doing BA Psych in 2004, then transferred to BA DipEd in 2005, and the units I did in 2004 appear to be counted by eStudent as coming from the credit points available for the BA DipEd.
I'm not sure what to do about this, or who I need to speak to, etc., so if anyone has any info regarding this stuff, anything would be really appreciated.

(Sorry for the lack of coherence and whatnot in this post, I'm so not in a proper uni mindset right now).

Edit: I've emailed eStudent support about this too

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Ahh, yeah I ran into this at the start of 3rd year (lol talk about doing too many units :|) But basically, you just email them and ask them to 'credit' the said, err credit points, to your account and list the units which you plan to take.

Its just standard procedure that they have to manually add units once you've reached the 'cutoff' point or minimum cp needed for your degree. (I think I'll be sitting on around 90-100 cp by the time I finish when I only needed 68 lol).

:)

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
from eStudent support:

We will be able to add credit points to your study plan at your request, as long
as you give reason for the need to add units. How many extra credit points do
you require during this enrolment period?
I don't need to add any more for this year, I've just figured out (had just enough for my 2007 units) but I guess I'll email them if that changes, and next year. I hope "I need to do them to graduate" is sufficient reason:)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hmm, fire off a somewhat aggressive email to them, asking why you are being questioned when you obviously NEED units for completion. Thats what I did and they haven't given me a problem since :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
I didn't need to give a reason, but my reason would have been "because I want them"

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
Yeah, I was a bit taken aback by that whole needing reasons thing, it seemed a bit strange when it seems like something that's fairly run of the mill and should happen all the time. Ah well, I've got my units sorted for this year, stay tuned in 08 for "Claire's tales of passive aggressive email exchanges with eStudent."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)