credit transfer?!? (1 Viewer)

victoriouz1

HSC
hey guys,
i got an offer for the same course ( im going from usyd-> unsw)
[btw, im going into 2nd year same course]
...but how do i sort out credit exemptions and stuff like that ? :S
im so confused.. > . <
its not too late right.. ? LOL

thanks in advance!!

DaGizza

HSC
Um I know that for usyd you sort the credit stuff out when you go to enrol at the uni. For unsw, even though the accepting and enrolling of the offer happens online, to transfer credits you need to meet with the people in charge of the faculties in person. You should try to confirm this though because I am tranfering to usyd and my understanding of unsw transfer comes from friends.

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
Hey, congratualtions on the offers... I also transferred from macqaurie to usyd and was wondering whether we find out on the enrolment day if we get the exemptions or is that just when we apply? Ive planned my units of study for this year and a couple have prereqs that im fairly confident will be creditied so would i still be able to enrol in those units (with the prereqs) on the enrolment day even though the credit transfer may not yet be fully processed (depending on whether it gets signed off on the day?). Also, does the gpa remain the same?... say you got a d in a subject and it gets credited will it count as a d or is there a new gpa and it becomes rpl? Any help and info would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Last edited:

DaGizza

HSC
Hey, congratualtions on the offers... I also transferred from macqaurie to usyd and was wondering whether we find out on the enrolment day if we get the exemptions or is that just when we apply? Ive planned my units of study for this year and a couple have prereqs that im fairly confident will be creditied so would i still be able to enrol in those units (with the prereqs) on the enrolment day even though the credit transfer may not yet be fully processed (depending on whether it gets signed off on the day?). Also, does the gpa remain the same?... say you got a d in a subject and it gets credited will it count as a d or is there a new gpa and it becomes rpl? Any help and info would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.
Hey thanks and congrats on your transfer too. Well today I went to enrol and they told me that you enrol your subject as if you will not transfer any credit. So for me since I do com/law, I had to put the first year com subjects and first year law subjects even though I will probably get credit for most of them.

In usyd, you enrol for your subjects etc. and print the "Credit application form" from online. After enrolling, you will get a MyUni Login name and password. You log into that and then on the left of the screen you will see a "Forms" link. After clicking that, you will see a credit applications form link.

After filling in the form, you attached your official academic transcript and unit of study course outlines. (Print from online handbook). I still don't know what that exactly means, so I would put both your macquarie degree program and each unit of study (eg. Accounting 1A).

I don't know whether the grades stay the same or not sorry but they probably do.

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
Thanks for all the info DaGizza... i enrol thursday (straight b com, was doing app finance/law at mac) and called today for some more info cause i couldnt download the form (needed the account), i was just scared about not getting class times etc but was told at enrolment only subjects get selected and the university creates the timetable (which can latter be altered) that is then received around o-week time. I was also told the same, to enrol as if there were no credits then change even though the exemptions are highly probable... seeing as you've completed enrolment, once the credit exemptions are processed (i was told no longer than 10 working days approximately), do you know if we can enrol in the new units staight away via MyUni or is there a specific date (im assuming before the timetable is accessible)? Finally, did you only have to provide the macqaurie unit outlines with the transcript or the usyd ones too? Cheers and thanks again.

Last edited:

DaGizza

HSC
Thanks for all the info DaGizza... i enrol thursday (straight b com, was doing app finance/law at mac) and called today for some more info cause i couldnt download the form (needed the account), i was just scared about not getting class times etc but was told at enrolment only subjects get selected and the university creates the timetable (which can latter be altered) that is then received around o-week time. I was also told the same, to enrol as if there were no credits then change even though the exemptions are highly probable... seeing as you've completed enrolment, once the credit exemptions are processed (i was told no longer than 10 working days approximately), do you know if we can enrol in the new units staight away via MyUni or is there a specific date (im assuming before the timetable is accessible)? Finally, did you only have to provide the macqaurie unit outlines with the transcript or the usyd ones too? Cheers and thanks again.
I believe we can enrol in it straight away. This link Key Dates for Variations of Enrolment - The University of Sydney says the last day to change enrolment but there doesn't seem to be a first day. I plan to do it after each faculty (I doing com/law) recognises some of my credit.

Also mg unit outlines should be good enough because the usyd staff will have access to the usyd ones. It will probably make more sense once you can access the online credit application form (I still can't too atm since it hasn't been 24 hours since I finished enrolling).

EDIT: I just read the enrolment booklet that you get when you enrol and it says you can start doing enrolment variations by mid-February.

Last edited:

bored6

HSC
bump. would like to know this too.

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
Thanks DaGizza and Spence. I was told once enrolment variations have been completed it will transfer over in time for the release of the timetables (mid feb variation, timetable early march) so thats good... DaGizza did you actually apply for credit on the day? Would it be ok if you could send me the form when you are able to access it? Cheers

DaGizza

HSC
Sorry I still can't "activate" my economics and business account lol. But I got a usyd email about the credit transfer form and it said I can access can within 48 hours. So I should be able to later today.

Yeah I can sent it to you to show you how it is. :)

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
Thats cool hah... thanks that would be good.

EDIT: At enrolment today i was given the additional form for credit application (handed it in with the transcript and unit outlines) and was told it would take approximately two weeks to process... once it is done the cores are complete and we can then enrol in senior units (we can't now cause without credits prereqs aren't done).

Last edited:

DaGizza

HSC
Oh so you have handed everything in now? Lol I threw all of my unit outlines away. Since I was doing App Fin/Law at Mac and now doing Com/Law at usyd I also want transfer my law units. But the law unit outlines aren't online. I got Foundations because I can still access Blackboard but not Jurisprudence.

I also need to send a different form for the law units since it needs to be sent to the law faculty. Sigh, just want the credit transfer to be over as soon as possible.

You know how you said it takes two weeks to process, does that mean when the usyd site says 20 Feb is the last date to transfer credit, http://www.econ.usyd.edu.au/14202.html we have to send it 2 weeks before that date? I'm a little worried coz for the law credit, they only want the application after 10 February because the staff is moving to the new law building. :confused:

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
hey guys,
i got an offer for the same course ( im going from usyd-> unsw)
[btw, im going into 2nd year same course]
...but how do i sort out credit exemptions and stuff like that ? :S
im so confused.. > . <
its not too late right.. ? LOL

thanks in advance!!

Congrats on your transfer. What you need to do is to go into UNSW Student Central and grab yourself a Credit Transfer form. It'd be wise to bring your academic transcripts and unit of study outlines for the subjects you want to transfer and the rest is pretty simple.

The credit transfer usually takes around 3-5 working days. Best if you head in first thing on Monday as the cut-off for people who got Main Round offers that wanted credit transfers was 30th Jan 2009 (i.e. yesterday).

Hope this helps you out.

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
Yeah handed it in on the day and once MyUni was activated i received an email saying that the transcript/outlines had been sent to the relevant disciplines to be processed but the credit application form still needed to be completed online. I'm pretty sure we just need to get it in before that date... in regards to the processing timing im not 100% now hah, i was told two weeks (maybe a max or approximate time frame that it is done in?) but maybe that includes changing the timetable etc (although seeing as its personalised the credit and subseqent enrolment variation shouldnt effect getting into classes or anything like that, theres a page that was with the orientation stuff that explained it).

If you have to apply for law units after the tenth then everything should be fine... 20th is just when they stop taking anymore credit apps for first sem. Good luck and hope you get all the credits you seek and go well again this year.

Last edited:

DaGizza

HSC
Thanks you too. I didn't get an additional credit application form on enrolment day. I hope the online one is good enough. I'm going to the uni today to hand everything in (I printed the online email).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)