Credits or Distinctions Easy to obtain?? Plz really urgent (1 Viewer)

Simply_Da_Best

Hey guys i waz jus wonderin whether
getting a credit or distinction is easy to obtain if i do
Bcomm-Accg/Bapplied finance for mq uni.
How many hours do you reckon an average guy
has to study every day to get atleast all credits??
Cauz i might transfer into act studies for mq uni later on
for which you need i fink all credits for your subjects.
Thanx ppl........ :D

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
you have to work consistently. the first year subjects arent overly difficult, but people struggle to adjust to the uni way of life.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
work as hard as you did in the hsc and you should get Ds or HDs, tone it down a bit and you should get Cs, Ds and maybe some HDs

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
It depends on the subject

for

Psychology 1 - i got a HD by not going to any of my lectures, listening to lectures online, writing down what they say on the notes they provide and then typing them up

Marketing- I went to the lectures, wrote up notes, typed up notes studied abit like i did in the HSC and i got a low credit (68) :s lol

Statistics170- i thought this was a lost cause dats why i didn't goto any of the lectures and just did my crap at home to the best i could (which wasn't very good), however sasying that i went through past papers and i got a solid credit.

It really depends on the individual subject

Simply_Da_Best

ok so if i study say 2-3 hrs each night will i be able to get
credits for b comm-accg/b applied finance thankx

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
"to estimate the time required to attend lectures and tutorials (or listen to recorded lectures), to research at the library and to complete assignments, you should mutiply each credit point of your enrollment by 4 hours. Therefore for one three-credit point unit you should expect to commit twelve hours of your time per week to your studies."

thats from some macquarie handout i got that talked about workload involved for uni students

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
just make sure you keep working consistently..its easy to lose track of time and then find yourself reading the texts in like a week for the first time...keep your motivation up!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
so long as the units aren't designed for actuarial students only, getting credits shouldn't be hard if you attend all your lectures, do all the tutes/assignments (yourself) and keep up to date (note, this doesn't include reading the texts which isn't always necessary).

you also don't need all credits for all your units, if you want exemptions from iaa, especially if you're doing first year units. (altho, you might want credits for a gpa of 3 needed to transfer.)

Jezzabelle

if you like the units of study, you'll get distinctions... if ya hate it, you'll feel like your working harder for the top marks...

so be careful of wat you pick. i know someone who started out with civil engineering, failed most of first year cos she hated it, and switched to med science and now has distinction average, just cos she feels more comfortable and interested in it

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
jezzabelle86 said:
if you like the units of study, you'll get distinctions... if ya hate it, you'll feel like your working harder for the top marks...
you gotta love generalisations. =p

i like actuarial studies. didn't get a single distinction (or high distinction) in ACST units last year.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
my favourite subject is giving me my lowest marks... dammit

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
my marks this sem corresponded with how much i liked it.
and come to think of it was the same last sem.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The amount of time spent at the arcades or bar is inversely proportional to the grade :)

ReaveR

HSC
Spending time stalking really doesn't help grades either...

doe

HSC
N/A
i have been thinking about this as i looked over my marks since ive been at uni. it seems to me, the semesters i did best in were the ones where i had a schedule of study and stuck to it. this leads me to believe that time management is the most important factor in getting the grades you are capable of.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
AsyLum said:
The amount of time spent at the arcades or bar is inversely proportional to the grade :)
*hi 5's self for getting banned from the bar/arcade!*

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
no money + lot of time + boredness + pool tables + cheapness.,.,.you can figure it out

:p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
HAHAHHAHAHHAHHA

oh shit thats class man :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)