Credits or Distinctions Easy to obtain?? Plz really urgent (1 Viewer)

theone123

blue essence
HSC
great grades require great effort and consistency, bludge and you will see the difference. Im being honest with this. Uni is quite difficult and if you do not provide sheer quality work i guarantee u that u will do will get just a pass or fail.

HSC
So... is 3.2 a credit? or a distinction? And either way, is it a hard mark in a course like Arts?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
3.2 is above credit average. obviously, 3 being credit average.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
recklessbitch said:
So... is 3.2 a credit? or a distinction? And either way, is it a hard mark in a course like Arts?
Credit average (but if you use it to transfer, it isn't technically... Macq GPA is not-funny).

It's not hard to get a Credit average in Arts. But it isn't easy.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
so say if u graduate, with a WAM of 66, is that u graduated with a credit average ?
coz, ur gpa would be ~2.5 aye, no where near the 3.2

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Grizzly said:
so say if u graduate, with a WAM of 66, is that u graduated with a credit average ?
coz, ur gpa would be ~2.5 aye, no where near the 3.2
Macq is different. Only UNSW uses WAM. Transcript I mean.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
redruM said:
3.2 is above credit average. obviously, 3 being credit average.

so if someone has a gpa slightly above something, say 6.25, then thats officially called 'above distinction' average? That is sort of lost in the maq gpa though, because 4gpa could mean disitnction or HD average, but there is a big difference.

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
redruM said:
you have to work consistently. the first year subjects arent overly difficult, but people struggle to adjust to the uni way of life.
Very True! ;)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
so if someone has a gpa slightly above something, say 6.25, then thats officially called 'above distinction' average? That is sort of lost in the maq gpa though, because 4gpa could mean disitnction or HD average, but there is a big difference.
yeh.

but i think flyin' mentioned that mq is a more stern in giving out HD's, relative to other unis. but who really cares...realistically, who would notice/care about the difference between a D and a HD average?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
redruM said:
yeh.

but i think flyin' mentioned that mq is a more stern in giving out HD's, relative to other unis. but who really cares...realistically, who would notice/care about the difference between a D and a HD average?
At Macq, you can hypothetically get a "WAM" (not term not actually used at Macq) of 78 and have a GPA of 4. Whereas someone with a "WAM" of 85 could have a GPA of 3.5. The person with a GPA of 4 would be in a much better position if they're considering awards, etc. and stuff.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
relatively easier to get P's and CP's?

(oh and you think i forgot F's....i dont think you try to go for F's :p)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)