Creeping sense of stress and dread as HSC comes closer (1 Viewer)

jxdesml

HSC
it feels surreal that the HSC is so soon and crazy that I have practically been in my room studying for the past 3-4 months without seeing anyone except for some friends during three days of school muckups. I used to have some high expectations for my atar but it’s feeling so unreachable now, and there’s like 3 days left and I am feeling SO stressed. Any suggestions on what to do the next few days to not have a total mental breakdown??

icycledough

HSC
Of course, there's a few methods you can use to calm yourself down.

1) You've been working your butt off for the last year and are now just at the final stretch. Think of it as a marathon, you've done the brunt of the work and you're approaching the final stretch. You just want to give it one more push before achieving freedom and reaping the benefits.

2) It may be hard to do so, but make sure to take small breaks after periods of study (it's normal to not work all the time, as quality > quantity)

3) Just talk about anything with friends and family (once again, pretty hard to talk about anything else apart from the exams, but just throw out anything at them (figuratively, of course)

4) Whatever ATAR goal you want to aim for, have it visible to you in bit writing in your room ... usually, if you can see a goal you want to aspire towards, having the right mental attitude will make a big difference

Hope this helps and good luck for your exams 👍

uniqueusername1

HSC
it feels surreal that the HSC is so soon and crazy that I have practically been in my room studying for the past 3-4 months without seeing anyone except for some friends during three days of school muckups. I used to have some high expectations for my atar but it’s feeling so unreachable now, and there’s like 3 days left and I am feeling SO stressed. Any suggestions on what to do the next few days to not have a total mental breakdown??
Hey man. I stopped stressing. My heart is in critical condition legit. If i stress one more time i'm gonna get a heart attack. Just don't worry do what you can. It is what it is. What else can you do other than your best?

Honestly I was 97+ before. Now i don't care what I get as long as I get food to eat each day. Damn english has stripped me to survival and destroyed me in the inside lol.

zizi2003_

HSC
Hey man. I stopped stressing. My heart is in critical conditions legit. If i stress one more time i'm gonna get a heart attack. Just don't worry do what you can. It is what it is. What else can you do other than your best?

Honestly I was 97+ before. Now i don't care what I get as long as I get food to eat each day. Damn english has stripped me to survival and destroyed me in the inside lol.
we as a 2021 collective are going to be the happiest group of people on earth once english finishes
well unless some weirdo here actually likes english

uniqueusername1

HSC
Also just send it. Bs don't stress. Put your BS cap on and just go for it. BS with confidence. BS with pride. BS with dignity. BS cause you can.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
You need to establish a linear, short-term strategy that will get you through the HSC exam period. What I mean by linear is to allocate set/unchanged tasks to be completed prior to (and during) the HSC exam period, such as preparing and revising for each of your HSC exams. Consistency is important here, and is associated with linearity, meaning that you should not deviate in any way with respect to your tasks and/or mindset. It is a short-term strategy, meaning that while it will require determination and effort, it will not have to be sustained for a long period of time, but rather just until you successfully complete your HSC exams. You can also contribute to this linearity through ways that may not necessarily be study-related. For example, it is important to ensure that you are getting sufficient and consistent sleep, allowing you to be in a relaxed state of mind, which is an essential consideration, particularly during such a period. Components that are in some way connected to your studies/preparations/revision on a daily basis, such as regular breaks are also important and should not be neglected. All of this contributes to a healthier state of mind, manifested in lower levels of stress and increased self-confidence.

With that being said, the issue can be considered to be more psychological than academic, i.e. it is more about controlling your mind than it is about ensuring optimal performance in your HSC exams, although it is clear that the latter can influence the former, hence the reason you must develop and implement an effective strategy in response to said issue.

I hope this helps! 😄

jxdesml

HSC
You need to establish a linear, short-term strategy that will get you through the HSC exam period. What I mean by linear is to allocate set/unchanged tasks to be completed prior to (and during) the HSC exam period, such as preparing and revising for each of your HSC exams. Consistency is important here, and is associated with linearity, meaning that you should not deviate in any way with respect to your tasks and/or mindset. It is a short-term strategy, meaning that while it will require determination and effort, it will not have to be sustained for a long period of time, but rather just until you successfully complete your HSC exams. You can also contribute to this linearity through ways that may not necessarily be study-related. For example, it is important to ensure that you are getting sufficient and consistent sleep, allowing you to be in a relaxed state of mind, which is an essential consideration, particularly during such a period. Components that are in some way connected to your studies/preparations/revision on a daily basis, such as regular breaks are also important and should not be neglected. All of this contributes to a healthier state of mind, manifested in lower levels of stress and increased self-confidence.

With that being said, the issue can be considered to be more psychological than academic, i.e. it is more about controlling your mind than it is about ensuring optimal performance in your HSC exams, although it is clear that the latter can influence the former, hence the reason you must develop and implement an effective strategy in response.

I hope this helps! 😄
Thank you for the wise words, I see it everywhere 👏

mxhelle

HSC
i was in the same situation as you and there are times where I have come really close to crying. but instead of facing that dread, i remind myself that this whole highschool experience is nearly over and there's a light at the end of the tunnel XD. honestly, my next few days will be spent cramming because i honestly can't study if i'm not under pressure so I left everything last minute, however it's best if you take proper care of yourself. if you're prepared, take it easy and just go over your notes and complete some past papers with breaks. water. sleep. and if you're not prepared, for a very lazy overachiever like myself, i personally find allnighters cramming a terrible yet only way to relieve any sort of stress lol. (AM NOT ENCOURAGING THIS)

even if you don't get the atar you want, there are plenty of alternatives to get where you want. kinda dumb but i have resorted to manifesting by writing 95 all over my notes. but for now just give yourself a little push to try the best you can :)

class of 2021 we got this ~~ just think that in a matter of 3-4 weeks we are finally done from whatever hellhole the last two years were 😫😫

Last edited:

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you for the wise words, I see it everywhere 👏
Best of luck with your HSC, and to all of you guys! 🙏

On a separate note, I am extremely grateful for all the support that several users who have completed the HSC years ago are providing to you guys. A true inspiration :D

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
if you can write a discursive like the one you've uploaded on notes and resources, you'll be more than good!

that was stunning

jxdesml

HSC
if you can write a discursive like the one you've uploaded on notes and resources, you'll be more than good!

that was stunning
Thank you 😅
The replies surprised me I’m hoping I can use something similar in the exam!

DarkOperator618

HSC

With that being said, the issue can be considered to be more psychological than academic, i.e. it is more about controlling your mind than it is about ensuring optimal performance in your HSC exams, although it is clear that the latter can influence the former, hence the reason you must develop and implement an effective strategy in response to said issue.

I hope this helps! 😄
fucking hell i love how everyone is speaking in some short ass sentences while you have paragraphs

its like you planned this like an essay lmfaoo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)