Cricket Coverage (1 Viewer)

HSC
i don't think im the only one when i say.... wheres hawkeye?

also, whats that crap they were showing yesterday with the "actual ball" vs the "ball without seam" or whatever it was. its dodgy.

i just wanna know whether close LBW's r out, not any of that other garbage!

shannonm

HSC
N/A
are you referring to the aus/nz test match coverage on 9 ?

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
meeeeppp

congrats to mc GRATH for his SIX as well as the half century :D :D

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Albert K. Holic said:
i don't think im the only one when i say.... wheres hawkeye?

also, whats that crap they were showing yesterday with the "actual ball" vs the "ball without seam" or whatever it was. its dodgy.

i just wanna know whether close LBW's r out, not any of that other garbage!
its to show ppl who might not no much about cricket how the ball seams etc ... i think its all good ... this new technology is improving how cricket is shown and it interacts more with the viewer, gives viewers a better perception of cricket and a greater understanding ...

HSC
shannonm said:
are you referring to the aus/nz test match coverage on 9 ?
yeah, sorry, i should have made that clear.

fair point rub!x. i guess the problem i have with it is that i often watch the ch 9 coverage and listen to ABC radio, so i dont have to listen to the drivel they talk abt on the tele. i totally recommend it to anyone, because the commentators on the radio r smart, insightful, and often quite funny.

also, it appears hawkeye has made a speedy return since my original post, which leads me to my next point.... how was gilchrist not LBW?! it was plum! if i was a kiwi id b spewing!

shannonm

HSC
N/A
i agree channel 9 commentators are such shit (not just cricket, league aswell).
however i find you can really get a feel for the game that you cant get listening on the radio.
how the pitch is deteriorating, movement off the seam, any swing, just the general feel around the ground and amoungst the players, which you can only get when viewing not while listening

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)